Discuss Load and heat in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

This isn't a wind up, gather I'm a bit of a laughing stock already and only joined this site 6 hours ago Arranged with the client to install a 63A MCB after the RCD. Or is this going to cause an eruption of laughter amongst the keyboards?

If this is for real then please get a qualified electrician to complete the job. No offence intended but you are out of your depth I would say. Daz

I think you should have used 16mm² ccc=63a in that type of cable. On AEI cables it shows 47a for 10mm² ccc. If you calc 12000 /230, well I get 52a. f.l.

I think you should have used 16mm² ccc=63a in that type of cable. On AEI cables it shows 47a for 10mm² ccc. If you calc 12000 /230, well I get 52a. f.l.
I've been thinking about it, met with the client today and although the boiler is rated at 12kW (52.7A) it only draws 45.9A on maximum demand. I'll be calling the manufacturers helpline one Monday, as they advise 10mm H07RN-F cable is used. Which obviously isn't meeting the requirements of the CCC for the cable based on a 12kW power usage. A 50A MCB has been installed which, according to load measurements, will be suffice. I've seen on other forums that people have advised that this cable (10mm) is used for this very same boiler. A learning curve to say the least, kicking myself about the over current protection as I definitly should know that, and did. My only explanation is I'm in a job where a lot of the time I'm not doing electrical work, and so not " keepin it fresh " as they say. A couple of courses have been booked before I sit the city and guilds 2394 and 5 combined to brush up on electrical theory. Anyway, thanks to all for the helpful advice, and to the others, well, it must be great being perfect and never making a mistake

What is the actual voltage? 230 is the harmonize voltage but in reality it more likely to be 240 ish = 50Amps

What is the actual voltage? 230 is the harmonize voltage but in reality it more likely to be 240 ish = 50Amps
Actual measured voltage this morning was 236 volts. Would I be right in saying that the indicated maximum demand of an appliance is perhaps an slight over statements, to take into account other factors, such as volt drop

Reply to Load and heat in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net