CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Mains cable from supply to consumer unit in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi, have a metre box 4m away from consumer unit, there is going to be an extension on the side adding an extra 4m so the metre box is getting moved to end of house again. Total length will b 10-12m, at the min the 25mm tails are going from mains to fuse switch with an 25mm 3core swa supplying the consumer unit. I’ve said he’ll have to basically run a new 25mm swa from the fuse switch by the mains to the consumer unit. Correct?

Spoon

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
As above. Agree.

Spoon

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
How come I get a 'Dislike' @Charlie_ ?
I cry when people don't like my posts... :sob::sob::sob:

Ta mate...

Spoon

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Ohh so sorry
Thanks for bringing that to my attention..
I am currently using my phone, winding down drinking a beer and my thumbs are slightly misfiring
Let you off mate. I can stop crying now.

Pete999

-
Arms
Esteemed
Ohh so sorry
Thanks for bringing that to my attention..
I am currently using my phone, winding down drinking a beer and my thumbs are slightly misfiring
Ratted again then Charlie, careful don't drink and post at the same time.

Charlie_

-
Arms
I manage and play our local football team but there is no game this week.,
She was bloody made up when someone else told her

Dave OCD

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Hi, have a metre box 4m away from consumer unit, there is going to be an extension on the side adding an extra 4m so the metre box is getting moved to end of house again. Total length will b 10-12m, at the min the 25mm tails are going from mains to fuse switch with an 25mm 3core swa supplying the consumer unit. I’ve said he’ll have to basically run a new 25mm swa from the fuse switch by the mains to the consumer unit. Correct?
Does it really need a 25mm SWA from the switch-fuse ? Unless there are a couple of electric showers,all electric heating and cooking I'd be considering 16mm and a 63a cartridge in the switch-fuse, 25mm is a pain to work with in a domestic setting.

T

The Ghost

Might have to think about the route i.e. clipped direct and so on not in wall as need for RCD.

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available

Reply to Mains cable from supply to consumer unit in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
Top Bottom