• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss Mains cable from supply to consumer unit in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Sparks321

EF Member
Hi, have a metre box 4m away from consumer unit, there is going to be an extension on the side adding an extra 4m so the metre box is getting moved to end of house again. Total length will b 10-12m, at the min the 25mm tails are going from mains to fuse switch with an 25mm 3core swa supplying the consumer unit. I’ve said he’ll have to basically run a new 25mm swa from the fuse switch by the mains to the consumer unit. Correct?

Spoon

Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
CCTV / Alarms
Trainee Access
DIY
As above. Agree.

Spoon

Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
CCTV / Alarms
Trainee Access
DIY
How come I get a 'Dislike' @Charlie_ ?
I cry when people don't like my posts... :sob::sob::sob:

Ta mate...

Spoon

Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
CCTV / Alarms
Trainee Access
DIY
Ohh so sorry
Thanks for bringing that to my attention..
I am currently using my phone, winding down drinking a beer and my thumbs are slightly misfiring
Let you off mate. I can stop crying now.

Pete999

Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
Ohh so sorry
Thanks for bringing that to my attention..
I am currently using my phone, winding down drinking a beer and my thumbs are slightly misfiring
Ratted again then Charlie, careful don't drink and post at the same time.

Charlie_

Electrician's Arms
Ratted again then Charlie, careful don't drink and post at the same time.
Haha no far from it
Just a few wind down drinks before the real work begins this weekend...
household chores, missus has got a big list of jobs :coldsweat:

Pete999

Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
Haha no far from it
Just a few wind down drinks before the real work begins this weekend...
household chores, missus has got a big list of jobs :coldsweat:

Charlie_

Electrician's Arms
I manage and play our local football team but there is no game this week.,
She was bloody made up when someone else told her

Dave OCD

Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
Hi, have a metre box 4m away from consumer unit, there is going to be an extension on the side adding an extra 4m so the metre box is getting moved to end of house again. Total length will b 10-12m, at the min the 25mm tails are going from mains to fuse switch with an 25mm 3core swa supplying the consumer unit. I’ve said he’ll have to basically run a new 25mm swa from the fuse switch by the mains to the consumer unit. Correct?
Does it really need a 25mm SWA from the switch-fuse ? Unless there are a couple of electric showers,all electric heating and cooking I'd be considering 16mm and a 63a cartridge in the switch-fuse, 25mm is a pain to work with in a domestic setting.

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance
ElectriciansForums.net (formerly known as ElectriciansForums.co.uk) was setup in April 2006 to provide free electrical advice to both professional and DIY electricians. Whether seeking advice for auto electrics, trying to find electrical installation condition reports (EICR) form downloads, or whether you're here just to talk to other electricians; we've been a first-choice website for tens of thousands of sparkies for well over a decade.