Discuss MCS Commissioning date - amended? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

SolarSparky1

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if they have ever applied to MCS to have a commissioning date amended? I need to alter the date of a Certificate for a system commissioned earlier in the year and it just needs changed by a few days. Has anyone done this before? Is it straightforward? What "excuse" did you use for amending?! I have a customer with an EPC dated after the commissioning date which is causing a problem so I want to change the commissioning date.

Thanks

Never had this issue but the rules nowadays are quite clear. If someone's given a customer incorrect advice or mucked up the timings, it could result in a Professional Indemnity claim.

Did the EPC assessor include the PV on his certificate? He probably has date-stamped photographic evidence of the panels on the roof. Maybe he also snapped the inverter and other electrics.

But, is it possible that somehow there was an inverter fault? Maybe the wrong inverter got installed initially? Maybe the distributor messed up or you took the wrong one from stores? Then you would have had to de-commission and wait for a replacement.

If the FiT provider is being awkward and following the rules, you could try a different one such as Good Energy who may be a bit more flexible.

oops. These new rules are a bit of a nightmare, particularly with new builds. It's so easy to make this mistake.

Unfortunately I don't think there's any way of changing the MCS cert date.

Oct 2016 MCS Newsletter:

Certificate Amendments Since the beginning of this year, there has been a considerable increase in the number of certificate amendment requests made by consumers and Energy Suppliers to the Scheme. Due to this rise in activity, the MCS Administrator has created an online request form to help streamline the process and deal with the requests more efficiently. From 1st of November 2016, the Scheme will only accept requests through the website or by post. If you are a FIT Licensee, we will be writing to you to formally notify you of this procedure next week. Please note that the certificate amendment process is only intended for system owners who have discovered that their certificates contain incorrect information when the system was originally installed and their installer is no longer certified. To request an amendment please click here to be taken through to the online submission form. Your request will be dealt with within 5 working days.

Microgeneration Certification Scheme - Amend Certificate - http://www.microgenerationcertification.org/consumers/amend-certificate

@whinmoor Yep, but that only relates to:

"This form is required for a customer or FIT licensee wishing to have a certificate amended where the original installer has ceased trading or is no longer MCS certified."

Earlier this year we had to amend two new builds after about 3 months as they were called Pot 1 and Plot 2, and the FIT provider only recognised them as 2a and 2b ... Ok it was an address change only, not helped by the fact that the DNO had mixed up the MPANs and got them the wrong way round as well !

I know MCS were tightening up on the 10 day rule (must be registered within 10 days of commissioning) never tried to change a commissioning date...

Reply to MCS Commissioning date - amended? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net