Discuss Meter Tails 16mm 0r 25mm in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

haj

-
Arms
Reaction score
Talking with a collegue today regarding meter tails.I went to look at a c/u change 80A main head on 16mm Tails i said should be 25mm but he said 16mm was ok 25mm for 100A main head. Whats the word out there with you good men ?
Cheers :)

Always go for the better option with cable sizes. I would personally never use 16mm whatever the incomer fuse. Even if you know it's 60A or 80A, pretend it's 100A and put in 25mm2 tails ( double insulated ). The 17th Ed. recommends that anyway whatever.

Thanks guys i quoted OSG it says SHOULD be 25mm not must be 25mm he says leave them alone i think change them.
quite right haj, exact wording is

"polarity should be indicated by the colour of the insulation and the minimum cable size should be 25mm2"

theres 2 shoulds in that statement. would your mate ignore the first should the sameas he would the second should :eek::eek:

25mm it is then ;)

Talking with a collegue today regarding meter tails.I went to look at a c/u change 80A main head on 16mm Tails i said should be 25mm but he said 16mm was ok 25mm for 100A main head. Whats the word out there with you good men ?
Cheers :)
hi i assume that it was a house you went to so has to be 25mm .also double insulated hope this helps.

I always use 25mm tails, just remember to upgrade the bonding cables to suit.
The meter tail size is dependant on the cutout fuse rating as far as i `am aware.

Reply to Meter Tails 16mm 0r 25mm in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net