Discuss Metrel Betapat Plus Problem in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I was testing at a construction site yesterday and i completed a Class 2 appliance test which was successful and then continued to move onto a Class 1 appliance which passed the earth bond test but the tester would not proceed any further to an insulation resistance test at which point i reset the BetaPat and it came up with a warning on the startup self test that the tester needs to be returned for service and would not continue any further.
One issue i think it may be down to was the cabin supply being from a generator with a floating earth as when i returned home the BetaPat powered up ok, passed the self test and functioned correctly.
Has anyone else had this when testing using temporary cabins and generator power supplies?

When testing 110v kit my Metrel Beta needs to be powered by a 110v power supply. When it boots up it has a warning message on screen - not sure if this helps though.

Call Metrel technical support - I find them very useful on the occassions I need them.

I had a similar queery and contacted Metrel. The 110v socket on my omega plus only operates correctly if the machine is powered up from a 110 v supply, and then the accuracy of the result can suffer according to the Metrel help desk (who were very user friendly). The automatic sequence (including the resistance test) can only otherwise be carried out using a 110v adaptor for the 240V socket.
My machine has 'refused' to use a power source on a couple of occasions, which I have noted on my reports as supply faults, and on one occasion I was obliged to decline the job due to a faulty supply to all outlets on the premises.

Reply to Metrel Betapat Plus Problem in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net