Discuss mobile phone s a business tool in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

A

AP Electrical

My wife brought me an i phone for me birthday a few weeks ago and to be honest I thought it was a waste of money, now I've had time tohave a mess about with it I realize what a fantastic tool it is, from a work point of view its becoming invaluable.
Anyone else of the same opinion for android phones also, and anyone got any reviews of apps installed - I’ve a few and will post if anyone else interested

Regards AP

Last edited by a moderator:
I use to have an old bog standard phone that made phone calls and texts, that's all I think u needed until I moved with the times and got a HTC Android. Just like you AP once I got my head around the usage of the phone it is now one of the most important tool I have.

Receiving and sending emails whilst out and about, internet to source materials if your working out of your normal area, down loaded pdf files for best practice guides and tables from the regs. And when your having a coffee break you can jump on here or play angry birds lol.

iPad is the best thing I have ever bought. But you can get a lot of these apps on iPhone too.

Invoice2go app I do all my estimates on it and invoices on it from the comfort of my front room.

eBay because non of us like to miss a bargain.

Paybyphone parking app makes parking in London a lot quicker, unfortunately not cheaper lol

London tube map

Train time tables

Tomtom satnav

News paper

17th edition and osg

Books

Callander and note pad.

The list goes on mine goes everywhere with me.

The best bit is it is all linked together computer iPhone and iPad. Put them on charge at night all sync together and to iCloud so if the worst does happen get a new iPad get a new iPhone username and password in and re sync it all.

App called iquote for me all the way, input most used materials and prices - then quote jobs to nearest penny there and then even putting on mark up. love it no more getting home to start quoting.....

App called iquote for me all the way, input most used materials and prices - then quote jobs to nearest penny there and then even putting on mark up. love it no more getting home to start quoting.....

Have you tried invoice2go it blows Iquote out of the water IMO.

mobile phone s a business tool {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

I'm having a devil of a time getting apps for this .................carphone warehouse told it it was the latest technology

Me too, what gets me is I had a signal on that and the predecessor, the brick wherever i went!!!!!

Compared to mobiles these days as I now dont get any signal for most of the time!

My brain must be full of radioactive tumours????

thats what i like about these phones, downloading trial of invoice2go now.....

For doing Quotes and invoices I've tried about six and this was the best by far. So simple to use not loads of setting up like the others and the finished print outs look spot on as well very professional with not much effort.

I am moving into the new age
I am typing this on my sons IPad, but won't buy one for business. I prefer a windows based system and will wait till October for a windows 8 tablet pc that will do what I need and have USB ports and flash and I won't need I tunes to put my music on

I have an OLD Nokia N86 symbian phone and it does things many of the new phones don't
  • have call recording software that records BOTH sides of the conversation
  • Have a stable operating system- it freezes about once every 2-3 Months
  • has a FM transmitter built in that SENDS music to ANY radio without a lead or bluetooth
  • Backs up the phone automatically each night at 1am to its memory card- this is handy as I have several of these phones as they are no longer manufactured
  • Does emails and all the other stuff that most other new phones do
The best thing- I have not had a new "fancy" phone in several years and have a sim only deal with Tesco

deal:
1500 mins / 5000 texts / 1 Gb data/ CAPPED at £17.50 per month and Tesco use O2 so the coverage is good

Nokia Lumia for me. best SatNav included for free (Nokia Drive) step by step spoken navigation. gets me around London with ease. also Microsoft Office, can view and edit spreadsheets and word documents. free music with Nokia Music. if you get the 920 you also get wireless charging. easy to get the Lumias for free on a contract. they are great for email and internet use, but most of all they are great for actual phone calls and texting.

Nokia Lumia for me. best SatNav included for free (Nokia Drive) step by step spoken navigation. gets me around London with ease. also Microsoft Office, can view and edit spreadsheets and word documents. free music with Nokia Music. if you get the 920 you also get wireless charging. easy to get the Lumias for free on a contract. they are great for email and internet use, but most of all they are great for actual phone calls and texting.

Ny N86 has Nokia Sat Nav with real time updates- this dates from Nokia saying 'Free Sat Nav for life' a few years ago

For doing Quotes and invoices I've tried about six and this was the best by far. So simple to use not loads of setting up like the others and the finished print outs look spot on as well very professional with not much effort.
You mentioned something about having the 17th and OSG on your ipad.
Is there an app, or somewhere you can download them from?

Reply to mobile phone s a business tool in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock