Discuss NAPIT registration - paperwork nightmare in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

Highthorne

Hi. This is my first time on this forum (on any forum actually). I hope someone's out there.

I'm applying for my registration with NAPIT and along with all the other oudles of paperwork I seem to need they expect me to have a "system identifying responsibilities for safety, quality and standards". I wouldn't know what one of those was if I met it in my soup. Does anyone know where I can find an example of such a thing? Is the assessor likely to want to see it?

Thanks in anticipation.

Well I did my first registration with NAPIT last year and am just looking forward to my 2nd assessment in a couple of weeks ... and on my checklist it does not mention any such system? Mine says

Office/Onsite Technical Assessment: - Check-list

ü / X / N/A
Section
Office Section - You must have the following Copies of Publications

E
P
H
V
1 a)
Memorandum of Guidance on the Electricity at Work Regulations (1989)
http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/priced/hsr25.pdf

ü
N/A
N/A
N/A
1 b)
BS7671:2008 17[SUP]th[/SUP] Edition Wiring Regulations Amendment No1 2011
(This can be obtained from NAPIT Direct)

ü
N/A
N/A
N/A
1 c)
IEE 17[SUP]th[/SUP] Edition On-Site Guide or equivalent Amendment No1 2011

ü
N/A
N/A
N/A
1 d)
Approved Document P of the Building Regulations 2006
Planning Portal - Approved Documents - Downloads

ü
N/A
N/A
N/A
1 e)
Approved Document F 2010 of the Building Regulations

N/A
N/A
N/A
ü
1 f)
Approved Document G 2010 & H 2002(2010) of the Building Regulations

N/A
ü
ü
N/A

You must have the following documents available

Original of Public Liability Insurance (copy should already be sent to office)

ü
ü
ü
ü
Original of Professional Indemnity insurance (if undertaking EICR)

ü
ü
ü
ü
Time sheets or works diary available

ü
ü
ü
ü
Estimates, Contracts, invoice processes

ü
ü
ü
ü
Copies of Issued Certificates

ü
ü
ü
ü

Quality Manual available (containing the following items)

Originals of the qualifications already sent to office

ü
ü
ü
ü
Record of Complaints

ü
ü
ü
ü
Health & Safety policy statement (Example download available from NAPIT website)

ü
ü
ü
ü
Waste disposal policy statement

ü
ü
ü
ü
Details and Evidence of monitoring of sub-contract staff

ü
ü
ü
ü
Records of Instrument Hire (if applicable)

ü
ü
ü
ü
Calibration and/or Written Instrument verification process

ü
ü
ü
ü

On-site section

Site(s) identified for work inspection visit

ü
ü
ü
ü
The field officer will ask questions on and around the wiring regulations, fundamental principles and part P, so it may be of some value in revising on these areas.

ü
N/A
N/A
N/A
Note
If possible a phone/broadband connection would be useful as the field officer can complete the assessment on-line which speeds up the application and also demonstrate the on-line notification system.

ü
ü
ü
ü

Well I did my first registration with NAPIT last year and am just looking forward to my 2nd assessment in a couple of weeks ... and on my checklist it does not mention any such system? Mine says
Office/Onsite Technical Assessment: - Check-list
ü / X / N/A
Section
Office Section - You must have the following Copies of Publications
E
P
H
V
1 a)
Memorandum of Guidance on the Electricity at Work Regulations (1989)
http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/priced/hsr25.pdf
ü
N/A
N/A
N/A
1 b)
BS7671:2008 17[SUP]th[/SUP] Edition Wiring Regulations Amendment No1 2011
(This can be obtained from NAPIT Direct)
ü
N/A
N/A
N/A
1 c)
IEE 17[SUP]th[/SUP] Edition On-Site Guide or equivalent Amendment No1 2011
ü
N/A
N/A
N/A
1 d)
Approved Document P of the Building Regulations 2006
Planning Portal - Approved Documents - Downloads
ü
N/A
N/A
N/A
1 e)
Approved Document F 2010 of the Building Regulations
N/A
N/A
N/A
ü
1 f)
Approved Document G 2010 & H 2002(2010) of the Building Regulations
N/A
ü
ü
N/A
You must have the following documents available
Original of Public Liability Insurance (copy should already be sent to office)
ü
ü
ü
ü
Original of Professional Indemnity insurance (if undertaking EICR)
ü
ü
ü
ü
Time sheets or works diary available
ü
ü
ü
ü
Estimates, Contracts, invoice processes
ü
ü
ü
ü
Copies of Issued Certificates
ü
ü
ü
ü
Quality Manual available (containing the following items)
Originals of the qualifications already sent to office
ü
ü
ü
ü
Record of Complaints
ü
ü
ü
ü
Health & Safety policy statement (Example download available from NAPIT website)
ü
ü
ü
ü
Waste disposal policy statement
ü
ü
ü
ü
Details and Evidence of monitoring of sub-contract staff
ü
ü
ü
ü
Records of Instrument Hire (if applicable)
ü
ü
ü
ü
Calibration and/or Written Instrument verification process
ü
ü
ü
ü
On-site section
Site(s) identified for work inspection visit
ü
ü
ü
ü
The field officer will ask questions on and around the wiring regulations, fundamental principles and part P, so it may be of some value in revising on these areas.
ü
N/A
N/A
N/A
Note
If possible a phone/broadband connection would be useful as the field officer can complete the assessment on-line which speeds up the application and also demonstrate the on-line notification system.
ü
ü
ü
ü

Very concise and helpful post

Thanks Trevor. It's just mentioned in the small print on the application form. I'm probably getting ahead of myself, as presumably they'll send me a similar checklist before the assessment. Mind at rest. Thanks

I'm also in the process of joining NAPIT and they have sent me the same list as the others. It does say that the H&S policy is downloadable from their website only haven't got my password & login yet to access it!.

I have no idea where to get tjhe waste disposal polcy statement though

Reply to NAPIT registration - paperwork nightmare in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net