Discuss Napit in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

peck06

I know this subject has been widely discussed on the forum so apologies for the thread, but could some one give me a difinative guide to the NAPIT asessment, i.e. what documents I should have in place? What guides I should have like the BRB, GN3 etc? and what I should expect to have to do during the assessment? Also does the job example have to be domestic or could it be a commercial project that I have completed? Do I need the job to have been signed of by building control or could I show a newly completed job and assuming I pass the assessment notify through NAPIT?

Thanks for your replys.

you need the brb. the osg, gn3, calibrated tester/s. ask napit if a commercial job is acceptable. usually with napit, they allow you to notify through them after assessment. (assuming you pass, and cough up the readies).safe isolation, testing for dead, proving your voltage tester before and after, and general mtest proceduyres. ffs dont confuse r1with R1 etc.

Last edited:
i have been with NAPIT since Part P came out, and every inspection has been the same decent bloke. He asked to see all my apprenticeship and subsequent training certificates the first time around. He also wanted to make sure i had the Part P approved document (PDF), a Health and Safety Statement, Guidance on waste disposal, memorandum of guidance on EAW(PDF), customer complaint form - these are all available on their web site but if you need them let me know and i'll upload them! HE also wanted to see the calibration certs for my testers, insurance etc.

My assessment was a domestic one, he asked me to go through various things that had been done, and even to take a couple of switches off to see if i had marked the switch wires. He then went through a few questions on the regs, nothing too complicated - you dont need to know the answer, just how to find it in the BRB. Like Tel say's, check with NAPIT re the commercial assessment. They are just checking that you are competent really so i cant see why they cant do that at a commercial site

Good luck

dont panic they are very helpful at napit .all there inspectors are working sparks so just keep the kettle on and they will guide you
through it .all they want to see is that your competent and arent going to kill anybody. oh and they want your money.

dont panic they are very helpful at napit .all there inspectors are working sparks so just keep the kettle on and they will guide you
through it .all they want to see is that your competent and arent going to kill anybody. oh and they want your money.

They can gladly have my money and I only want to kill the tart on the end of a phone at the bank.
Should be ok then...........

Reply to Napit in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net