• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss narrow CUs? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

brman

I'm changing a consumer unit but have limited space - 390mm wide maximum.

At the moment my plan is
RCBO->garage
RCB-1->5 circuits
RCB-2->4 circuits

So I can get away with a 10 way but it would be nice to have some spare so at least 12 way is preferred.

The best I have come up with is a Wylex NHRS10SSLHI high integrity 10 way at 340mm wide. Does anyone know of something with more ways within the 370mm constraint?

Murdoch

Electrician's Arms
Why don't you go RCBO for all the circuits - that would save you space

telectrix

Scouser and Proud of It
Respected Member
what's the height restriction? nothing amiss with fitting CU on end.

B

brman

I'll have another look at contactum stuff but for some reason I discounted it. Perhaps because what I found was 16way units that are too long.

what's the height restriction? nothing amiss with fitting CU on end.
A good point, however the space is roughly square so I don't think it would help me much.

I did find a MK 12 way that would just fit but it now looks like I might now be able to add the cost of a split RCB/RCBOs which gives me a lot more choice and a more robust system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrician Talk

Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance
ElectriciansForums.net (formerly known as ElectriciansForums.co.uk) was setup in April 2006 to provide free electrical advice to both professional and DIY electricians. Whether seeking advice for auto electrics, trying to find electrical installation condition reports (EICR) form downloads, or whether you're here just to talk to other electricians; we've been a first-choice website for tens of thousands of sparkies for well over a decade.