Discuss Need Help With a flat roof install in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Sykes

Hi we are installing Sanyo's on to a flat roof which will have a significant wind factor as it is quite exposed. The installation is in London my question is what would be the best mounting system. I was thinking of mounting them landscape using a schuco mounting bracket. If any one has advice it would be appreciated.

Fastsun from Solar Century is good and there is no roof penetration. They will calculate to amount of ballast required depending on the wind loading.

Tom

IMG_0402.jpg Solion sunmounts are very good but quite expensive, sometimes the only option if wind lift is a major issue! You can do 50kw easily in a week with these.

I am thinking of using the schuco system supplied segen, the flat array. They havent really let me down yet. Has any one used these we are gonna mount the panels landscape.

I was under the impression you could only use sharp 185 because of size but it looks like you have used 3 buckets for two panels..???

Last edited by a moderator:
I was under the impression you could only use sharp 185 because of size but it looks like you have use 3 buckets for two panels..???

Ahh, yes this is the new system that is meant to be multi purpose, they used to do a mount that only took that 1 panel, now the new ones interlock and you can cut to fit any length of panels, most 245 panels fit into 2 mounts nicely but the 280s are a little longer, they fit differing width panels as well, I Think we got one of the first few production runs and had a few probs with the panel clips which is being remedied as we speak so all new orders will get something a bit easier to use.

Very quick to fit and only needed about 20kg around the perimeter panels for a fairly exposed position

Cheers for that was a couple of month ago we used them but a lovely piece of kit. I would recommend them all day long for design and ease of use...but pricey and not all customers want to pay for them...

hi how much gap should i leave from edges of the roof, we are using a schuco system landscape and bolting into the rafters.

Reply to Need Help With a flat roof install in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net