Discuss New build - DNO fuse size in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Good morning one and all,

I have a new build coming up (Hertfordshire) and was wondering what size fuse the supplier install now?

The reason why I’m asking is because a sub main is required due to the client not wanting the CU near the meter.

thanks,

80A seems to be pretty standard, I've even seen some 60A's from new. But ask yourself when the install is going to be pulling 23kW..........

Good morning one and all,

I have a new build coming up (Hertfordshire) and was wondering what size fuse the supplier install now?

The reason why I’m asking is because a sub main is required due to the client not wanting the CU near the meter.

thanks,
Ask the D/N/O.

Thank you for all the replies.

It’s a 3 bedroom small end of terraced house.

I suppose regardless of 100a or 80a I’ll still need to wrestle a 25mm 3 core inside the meter cupboard.

60a would mean I could get away with a 16mm.

I’ll give them a buzz.

thanks

I suppose regardless of 100a or 80a I’ll still need to wrestle a 25mm 3 core inside the meter cupboard.

I’ll give them a buzz.
thanks
You're welcome, Mate good luck

I’ll give them a buzz.

thanks
80A = 16mm..... unless there's more to the story?

I’ll give them a buzz.

thanks

Why do you need to wrestle with 25mm 3 core?

What size submain are you installing? The size of the DNO's fuse does not dictate what size fuse you put in your switch fuse.

Reply to New build - DNO fuse size in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net