Discuss New Cost Effective Installation Method? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Worcester

-
Mentor
Reaction score
that's proper roofing that is. We've had to do this a few times on bungalows, and tbh I don't have an issue with it where necessary, though I think we had everyone who was going to be up there longer than a short time (apply the 20 minute ladder rule) harnessed up as we're obviously complete wusses unlike the Germans. Most dangerous thing about that IMO was him not wearing steelies as those tiles can sometimes slide back down on your foot which wouldn't be too good in trainers.

I want to know what that mounting kit is though that they're able to just slide the panels into, that system looks really good.

What holds the panels in to the frame? Expansion gaps? Or was this made by the HSE so we could all have a laugh?
presumably it doesn't need expansion gaps as the panels can still slide along the rails, though I'd assume there would have to be some sort of stopper / clip at each end to stop them just working themselves loose - didn't see any evidence of it in that clip mind.

It's the SEN Sol50 Mounting system (damn expensive actually) we've used it and it looks the dogs b*ll*x when it's finished, Wind and Sun are one of the few UK stockists. SOL-50 Roof System | Wind & Sun Ltd.

I've found out the actual system it's not the SEN one, and unfotunately not TUV so it won't automatically get the MCS012 approval, i'm talking to them though...

In the meantime, the SEN system is very similar....

Last edited:
I went to look at a job in Birmingham a couple of months ago where the customer had had PV installed but was unsure if it was installed correctly (it wasn't). The roof was 45 degrees and 5.6 metres high - they fitted the whole system without scaffold.

Reply to New Cost Effective Installation Method? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net