Discuss NICEIC Domestic Installer Assessment in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I

ian3

Morning everyone,

Got my Domestic Installer assessment with the NICEIC coming up soon.

I'm finding it hard to get any useful info out of them over the phone so I'm a bit lost.

Firstly any info and advice would be greatly appreciated.

I know they need to see two jobs within 30 mins of each other more or less. What sort of jobs do they need to look at?

Could it be two new circuits. Does it have to include a C/U change? What sort of jobs are acceptable?

If it does have to include a C/U change, then what extent do they take it to? Do you inherit the whole installation and have to have everything spot on? Such as bathroom zones even if you didn't do the work yourself?

Is there any specific documentation you need to have? Obviously BS 7671 and OSG etc but is there anything else?

Am I missing anything else? Do they require anything else or is there something that's useful to have with you when your being assessed?

Apologies in advance for all the questions, but I really want to pass first time and crack on with work. Can't really afford to be having another assessment.

Many Thanks

Ian

All this information should be available from the NICEIC, and if you are booked in they should have sent you all this really.

You should choose a couple of jobs then call them to see if they are suitable or not. I understand any 2 jobs that require an installation cert should be fine, but for your first assessment they may be looking for a larger job such as a partial or full reweire, a kitchen fit, or a CU change. As said though, contact them to be sure.

Document wise, seeing as you are joining a part P scheme a copy of part P is usually needed. Download it for free from the planning portal website. Usually the EAWR will have to be owned too.

Don't worry about not passing. View it as a job interview for your uncle's company, a mere formality.

Reply to NICEIC Domestic Installer Assessment in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net