NAPIT Certification Scheme Niceic or napit

Discuss Niceic or napit in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

pistolpete

Approved contractor or full scope approved inspector. what are people's opinions, just about to head out on my own after running my bosses business want to make the right choice...

Approved contractor or full scope approved inspector. what are people's opinions, just about to head out on my own after running my bosses business want to make the right choice...

Full contractor NICEIC, domestic installer=========== the cheapest

Thanks for responses. Napit are half the price of Niceic so that's swaying me that way. Any more advice for the next step would be much appreciated!? What's the crack with elecsa not really heard anything about them?

Thanks for responses. Napit are half the price of Niceic so that's swaying me that way. Any more advice for the next step would be much appreciated!? What's the crack with elecsa not really heard anything about them?

the thing is as well, certain people will only accept niceic for some reason usually its insurance companies or some councils

Surely if an insurance company specify Niceic for a condition report and you give them a napit or elecsa one they can't complain, same thing as its carried out by approved electrician??

Niceic gets specified as its most recognise brand. It's like coca-cola vs asda value cola

The more expensive one being more full of stuff that you don't need and is bad for you, but justifies it's high price through being an established brand name ?

If its just to self certify domestic work, go with which evers cheapest. At the end of the day you shouldn't need to phone technical help lines every day.

I myself have gone back with the niccy after starting for myself again back in November after working for a company for five and half years. As a small number of my customers are ISO 9000 and they can only use ISO/UKAS accredited suppliers and services.

From what I understand but haven't really looked into it, the other schemes don't have the same recognition with ISO. And I believe only the niccy registered and the ECA bonded companies require you to be a bonafide/fully qualified electrician. Possessing City and Guilds 1 and 2 and equivalent to join them, in addition with the latest version of BS 7671 City and Guilds, to be a qualified supervisor that over sees the quality of design, installation, and testing of electrical installations. And they do have a very long pedigree, the niccy going back over 50 years, and the ECA going back since after the second world war. Continuing with the support and the development of electrical safety in the UK in harmony with the IET, and British Standards codes of practice.

Whereas the others don't, but there are other benefits with Nappit, as you can notify other areas of work without additional membership with other shemes. It all about horses for causes, and how far you want to go with your business and type of work that you want to undertake.

Reply to Niceic or napit in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net