Discuss Not funny but couldnt stop laughing, in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

I

ian

[FONT=&quot]About a year ago I quoted to install some wiring to a garage, anyway didn’t get the job because I was to expensive and wouldn’t budge on price. So the homeowner decided to install it himself , however, he chose a rather unusual installation method…through a tree, actually wound round the branches.[/FONT]This weekend he decided to trim one of the trees, and this was the result. Cut through the cable and set fire to the trees.
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT] Fire in trees.jpg

The insurance company assessor popped round yesterday and asked to see the electrical certificate, when they couldn’t supply one he washed his hands of it.

I know its not funny but i laughed my little cotton socks off. looks like i will be getting the job after all.

ian
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

I like that logo posted by RWJ
icon14.png

I remember that free George Baker somebody or other up in England some years back
It got the attention of the public and the media over a long period for little or no cost by a small group dedicated to the cause

How much more effective would a simple campaign based on that logo have,interesting indeed if it was taken up generally

We may be better campaigning for promoting that logo rather than that p thing

I was going to look in to getting some NO DIY labels printed... didn't want to tread on any toes regarding the "official" forum stickers

About a year ago I quoted to install some wiring to a garage, anyway didn’t get the job because I was to expensive and wouldn’t budge on price. So the homeowner decided to install it himself , however, he chose a rather unusual installation method…through a tree, actually wound round the branches.This weekend he decided to trim one of the trees, and this was the result. Cut through the cable and set fire to the trees.

View attachment 6291

The insurance company assessor popped round yesterday and asked to see the electrical certificate, when they couldn’t supply one he washed his hands of it.

I know its not funny but i laughed my little cotton socks off. looks like i will be getting the job after all.

ian

I suppose its too much to hope that the Insurance Company concerned would use this as part of their marketing material to promote our good cause??

Can you imagine what his wife said when she saw the installation glowing.....
"Get that electrical man back, I told you, that's the last.................. you, you, look at my plants" "Dont even turn a lamp on, dumbo".

A friend was asked to quote by the wife of the house to cut down a large tree that was at the back of the bungalow with a large glass veranda. He sent in a quote, having contacted a friend with a large tractor and winch to pull the tree away from the house. He got a phone call from the husband giving him verbal abuse for a ridiculous quote. A few weeks later his friend with the tractor phoned him and asked why he had not asked for his help cutting down the tree. Not knowing what he was talking about he asked.

The husband had found a couple of people with a chain saw and they cut the tree down for him. As they did not know what they were doing it fell the wrong way on top of the bungalow. The two with the chainsaw dissapeared quickly, the husband did not know names or phone numbers. He had to get a very very large crane to lift the tree off the bungalow from the road at the front. He then needed a new roof and glass veranda.There were photos in the local press at the time.

why did you say it wasn't funny. i thought it was bloody hilarious. love to have seen the numpty's face.

Reply to Not funny but couldnt stop laughing, in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net