Discuss Old Hager RCD mains switch type in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Amp David

-
Mentor
Arms
Reaction score
Looked at an old Hager CU today and couldn't see the BS EN number on the main switch. Its a 30mA and the switch is a rotary kind. Can anyone provide me with any info on the older Hager units.

Also noticed the service head had the earth conducter connected to the PME terminal, but also had a 16mm earth to a rod also. Whats with this.

No tests completed as of yet so can't provide any figures etc.

Also had a quick look at a hair salon, with everything on 1 RCD. All cables surface mounted and no showers/sinks near any socket outlets. Was thinking of splitting the board and putting the sockets and lighting away from RCD, thoughts on this

Cheers guys

old hager gear some times never has BS numbers printed! :( once had to take a Hager MCCB out of service as it was just TOO complicated to set up with adjustable dials etc!! replaced with 3P&N switch and RCBO the board!! 25 RCBO's!! :)

why dont you buy a split board and fit all the useles crap on RCD side and then put the lights and sockets on RCBO!!??

earth rod may have been installed as PME may have gone bad..!!?? or possibly been upgraded from TT to PME and just left the rod in (seen it done many times)

Reply to Old Hager RCD mains switch type in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello All, I am a homeowner (but not an electrician) and I am renovating a house that has an old CU containing MCBs and an MK LN5725 residual...
Replies
Views
Doing a kitchen job for my daughter’s music teacher, who also happens to have been in my wife’s class at school. Nothing big… just a little...
Replies
Views
Called out to fault on RCD tripping maybe twice in a month for sometime. Did all the tests & found RCD was faulty, Refitted a new Rcd Type A which...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm back in the electrical game after 9 years break so feeling a little rusty! I'm adding an additional socket to a circuit but the main RCD...
Replies
Views
I'm planning a replacement for my existing domestic CU and would like to have it sanity checked before I get an electrician involved. The main...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock