Discuss Parts for vintage service station lights.. in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

I have some vintage service station lights similar to the attached photo. However, they don't have any sockets, nor anyway to connect them to the conduit. I've been unable to locate these parts.

Attachments

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
I made light fittings using gas pipe. A local machine shop made conduit to gas pipe adaptors for me for about £1-50 each.

Marvo did the same a few years back as I recall.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I made light fittings using gas pipe. A local machine shop made conduit to gas pipe adaptors for me for about £1-50 each.

Marvo did the same a few years back as I recall.
Thanks Carl. Could you elaborate more on what you did? I need something that would resemble a "NPT bell reducer". Like a 2" X 3/4". The large end would go over the top of fixture, the 3/4" rigid conduit (or black iron pipe) would go into the 3/4" end. I still would need to improvise something to hold the bulb socket...
Post automatically merged:

Thanks Carl. Could you elaborate more on what you did? I need something that would resemble a "NPT bell reducer". Like a 2" X 3/4". The large end would go over the top of fixture, the 3/4" rigid conduit (or black iron pipe) would go into the 3/4" end. I still would need to improvise something to hold the bulb socket... Quote Reply Report Edit
Source URL: Parts for vintage service station lights.. - https://www.electriciansforums.net/threads/parts-for-vintage-service-station-lights.180774/

If you have the bulb socket any small town metal worker could produce what you require.

Dan

Admin
Those look lovely. Hope to see some pics once done. :)

Reply to Parts for vintage service station lights.. in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
Top Bottom