Discuss Passed my elecsa assessment in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
HI to All

Passed my elecsa assessment with an A
:party:
Just want to say thanks to all who have helped and given advice shared there Knowledge and answered my many endless questions
to name a few
THE ELECTRICIANS FORUM and all its Mods and members
Amberleaf ,Phil, Tel, IQ, Malc,Durham sparky, Paul M, Lenny, Dan, Jason, Pushrod, Trypod, Acat,
Short Circuit Sirkit Breaker, Gooner 1984,Ebow my head is hurting trying to remember them all but even if i havnt mentioned your name you know who you are and i THANK YOU
Overall I enjoyed the assesment and the assessor John wormald is a great guy asked if i had any questions before we started He asked the wrong person lol I have loads hehe

But he put me at ease seen as I only got to sleep at 4am thinking if i had everyhting done and ticked off
to the point i was still asking people of this forum who Know who they are at 8 this morning lol

anyway I can recommend Elecsa to anyone as from first contact out of all the schemes I have contacted Elecsa have far superior customer service
the assessor puts you at ease from the start
the questions He asked i answered and some he asked me to just show him were to find them in the regs asked about building regs and i asked him questions on things to confirm if I was right on things
Nothing to hard
zones bathroom
current carrying capacities of cables for various methods etc
Zs tables
overall i asked him more questions than he did lol to confirm if i was correct

then to the job showed him round explained were i had installed cables
what supplying what
carry out safe Isolation
Ze remove earthing conductor and replace after
step 1 end to end on both rings
replace cover
rcd at cooker socket outlet as this has no load
and Zs here also

Looked behind 1 2 gang switch and what everyhting was for and said it was a good design and I had done well and recommends a A
and overall told me I know more than i think i know which i will always want to know more

this is the reason I Joined the forum to tap into the wealth of knowledge and speak to like minded people as my mrs says cant believe you talking about wires again lol

ANYWAY CHEERS TO ONE AND ALL FOR ALL YOUR HELP AND ADVICE:hurray:

Last edited:
It's a good feeling, isn't it? Have a few beers, you've deserved them.

Thanks Guys

yes a good feeling along the lines of 2391 but not quite
but a good experience and a lot better than initially thought it would be
Tel the Beers deffo on me i must owe you loads lol enough to keep you from buying one lol

the knowledge from the forum members has helped a great deal

Last edited:
Thanks Guys

yes a good feeling along the lines of 2391 but not quite
but a good experience and a lot better than initially thought it would be
Tel the Beers deffo on me i must owe you loads lol enough to keep you from buying one lol

the knowledge from the forum members has helped a great deal

well done mate,

like you was ever worried anyway :sorcerer:

Well done Bruce. I had six trouble free years with Elecsa. Who was you assessor? was it Steve from Stockport?

Cheers......Howard

Hi mate

thanks It was John Wormald and he was a very nice chap helped put me at as i am a stress head best of times and worry over every detail

I found it was more a questions and answer and I got to question him also and he was very reassuring and answered any questions i had

Like they have done when i rang up Mithering them over one thing or another over last few yrs and the reason i chose to be with them and the forum members recommendations i told Him about the forum and that more and more people rate Elecsa as the scheme the most helpful

thanks to Gooner also mate i couldnt get to sleep until 4am and up at 7 lol

cheers You will be ok mate good luck if elecsa are the ones your going with from my experience of it you will be ok jsut have all correct docs and info and test equipment calibrated ensure you are ok with the regs and whats in them but its nothing major different systems and how they earthed and max Ze etc
zones and special locations etc
CCCs of cables
Zs tables

if you can find your way around the regs and elecys guide to building regs then you will be ok
and carry out work adequatley including inspecting testing and certification
Its a better and more enjoyable experience than I hought it would be and from the start he jsut put me at ease which helped

Good luck mate you will be ok ask questions they dont bite

Last edited:
Well done, good work, passing with an A certainly gives you confidence in your work.
Glad to see Elecsa is standing up to its reputation for help and assistance.

No real problems and nice to hear that you know more than you think.

Well done Bruce bet your wondering just before your assessment what all the worry was about is that cable installed correctly am i doing the tests correctly filling in the certs properly its such a great relief when he tells you youve passed bit like when you pass your driving test as a spotty teenager.

Reply to Passed my elecsa assessment in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net