Discuss Pilz Dual Channel ESR in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Deleted due to reviewing OP's profile.... My advice was given with an expected competence assumption of the OP, the advice I gave could have seen the OP working with safety critical systems with little experience. see post 5

Last edited:
OK scrap all my advice ... With no offense meant joel, I've just checked your profile and recent posts and with all respect I really have to say you are not to do this without supervision from a competent person who will take all the responsibility of the task... you are asking basic questions about test equipment then on the next post asking about a safety critical device and how to upgrade it... you are many years away from having the experience to take on such a job safely and would suggest you get someone to train you up on site, pieces of paper saying your qualified to this level etc mean nothing without experience and I hope you take this advice in the context it is posted in, as advice!

I've done 5 year on commercial
and 3 years on maintenance which is my current role but cheers for the great advice... Joke of a site really!

OK Joel Ive given you the benefit of the doubt and looked across your history, the reason I pulled you up on this was 2 weeks ago you were asking how to perform a ZE test for an exam so excuse my apprehention giving you an answer, now looking further back you say you are in industrial maintenance now this alone will still have me questioning your competence in the question you asked..

If you can expand more on both your knowledge of control systems and risk assessment then including you understanding of the LV directive which is needed to comply to machinery control systems then Ill feel giving helpful advice wont put you in a position beyond your competence and thus putting others at risk... this subject is one of those where we have to tread carefully.

I've come across so many people who have become self appointed 'control panel builders' and not ever layed eyes on the BS60204, understand what safety cat' is or 'SIL' and never done a risk assessment yet still claim they know what they are doing so apologies if I am weary over a young lad with a few years of commercial and industrial maintenance under his belt ask questions about a critical safety device with plans of changing it. It wasn't that long ago you were asking a very basic question about PIR wiring which any Engineer with knowledge of panel wiring would be able to do blindfolded regardless of never really doing domestic.

OK Joel Ive given you the benefit of the doubt and looked across your history, the reason I pulled you up on this was 2 weeks ago you were asking how to perform a ZE test for an exam so excuse my apprehention giving you an answer, now looking further back you say you are in industrial maintenance now this alone will still have me questioning your competence in the question you asked..

If you can expand more on both your knowledge of control systems and risk assessment then including you understanding of the LV directive which is needed to comply to machinery control systems then Ill feel giving helpful advice wont put you in a position beyond your competence and thus putting others at risk... this subject is one of those where we have to tread carefully.

I've come across so many people who have become self appointed 'control panel builders' and not ever layed eyes on the BS60204, understand what safety cat' is or 'SIL' and never done a risk assessment yet still claim they know what they are doing so apologies if I am weary over a young lad with a few years of commercial and industrial maintenance under his belt ask questions about a critical safety device with plans of changing it. It wasn't that long ago you were asking a very basic question about PIR wiring which any Engineer with knowledge of panel wiring would be able to do blindfolded regardless of never really doing domestic.

I would imagine, unfortunately, that you're wasting your words on the OP. Hopefully though, others might read what you've written.

Reply to Pilz Dual Channel ESR in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net