Discuss Portugal Electrical Regulations in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Has anybody experience of domestic electrical work in Portugal?

I need to do a job on an apartment for a family member, they have a 30amp supply? and want it uprating to 45, I was going to change the main MCB currently 30amp and uprate the tails back to the DNO's fuse from 10mm to 16mm.

They seem to seal everything from the main Isolator to the meter housing, everything has an anti tamper seal on it, I look for some new ones on fleebay :)

They have had a local electrician look at it who simply bridged out the 30amp main switch leaving only the DNO fuse for overall protection, not to clever IMO and you can't isolate the installation any more.

Hi swparksy.
30amps is generaly the most you can get on single phase. I've been working here since 2003 and have only seen one place with 45amps.

To get more you need to upgrade to a 3 phase system. Unfortunately that can be complicated and/or expensive. Apart from changing the consumer unit and the external fuse box, any work done will at least need to be certificated by a Portugese electrician who will then need to go through Certial, a company affiliated with EDP the electricity company who approve the incoming main supply/meter/fuse box, then EDP will connect 3phase with varying costs.

Reply to Portugal Electrical Regulations in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hey all, I'm looking for some advice to help me troubleshoot my strange issue with my consumer unit/fuse board on which my RCD keeps tripping...
Replies
Views
I bought a house due to the largish workshop /garage which was already kitted out with an electrical connection from the house. Unfortunately...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I have recently qualified, though yet to start practising, as an electrician. I have noticed, at my home, the tails from the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I recently carried out an EICR on a two up two down terrace. The cut out out has a sticker on it saying 80 amp. The main switch of the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have never had to look into a job like this before but I have had an enquiry from a customer who is having a supply brought from the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock