Discuss Power calculator! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Stemc12

Hi all,

I have been given a job to price for a factory rewire! All the customer has given me is a list of machines he will be using, whether they are 3ph, 2ph 1ph and there breaker size, and that their new premises has a 200a 3ph incomer!

How do I work out if this supply is big enough to handle what they need it for?

Cheers

Steve

Hi,

First thing I would do is have a look at the existing install ( I assume it's existing as it's a rewire ). If you feel out of your depth then get someone in to the do the calcs, if you are satisfied you can handle the rewire.

Regards.

Hi,

First thing I would do is have a look at the existing install ( I assume it's existing as it's a rewire ). If you feel out of your depth then get someone in to the do the calcs, if you are satisfied you can handle the rewire.

Regards.

I know money can be tight at the moment but I'd second that, get someone in to do the calcs, not sure I'd take on a job if I couldn't work out certain things, I'd only do what I felt comfortable with

Good luck with it

Agree with all the others, if you aren't confident with the calcs, get some advice from someone who is, not putting you down at all, best get some advice and take it from there, good luck.

Walk away or get someone that knows what they are doing before you get your fingers badly burnt.

Get this wrong and the company will be after both your blood and your money.

Why did you take the job on?

Reply to Power calculator! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, Just to be clear, I'm not looking for advice on upgrading but rather just clarification of our existing setup. We need to upgrade the...
Replies
Views
I have an older Crouse Hinds board with a 200A service. Due to recent rehab on the house, I found I have the need to install a sub panel. I...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I wonder if I can get some opinion on my deliberations on an old TPN installation with numerous 1P sub-boards wired up with 16mm T&E...
Replies
Views
Hi Pretty new here, so not sure if this question goes into this thread I am not an electrician; however, I plan to integrate IOT devices and...
Replies
Views
So...who has experience in this on here?? Not me for sure. Basically roughed in a new build for someone, was told he was haggling with the local...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock