Discuss Power cut, but meters on. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I agree with some of that.
the light is an indicator of power used, so many pulses per so many kw/h
I do agree that there would be a very low voltage across L to N if the N was disconnected before the meter.
but you can get some strange things happening with supply faults.
currents can pass from live to earth
currents can pass from N to earth
enough of a difference in voltage can be generated to light up an led.

A spark with some simple test equipment would take 5 minutes to work out where the problem lies but it would be unwise to advise where it is without seeing and testing.

DEFINATLEY A FAULT FOR A PROFESSIONAL TO CHECK☑

I agree with some of that.
the light is an indicator of power used, so many pulses per so many kw/h
I do agree that there would be a very low voltage across L to N if the N was disconnected before the meter.
but you can get some strange things happening with supply faults.
currents can pass from live to earth
currents can pass from N to earth
enough of a difference in voltage can be generated to light up an led.

A spark with some simple test equipment would take 5 minutes to work out where the problem lies but it would be unwise to advise where it is without seeing and testing.

DEFINATLEY A FAULT FOR A PROFESSIONAL TO CHECK☑
Check post #19. Problem solved

They do normally blink to show usage (the more power you are using, the faster they blink)
however, I have found that they can stay either constantly off or constantly on when you turn off the main isolator.

Problem is, this is not easy to determine if the fault is before or after the meter.

possible fault with the incoming supply or maybe even the isolator switch on the right hand side of the distribution board.

it is a case of getting someone out to have a look.

wow, i'm good!!

My girlfriend said she smelt something like fish, which was the burning plastic. An hour before I cooked bacon so I just assumed it was the bacon fat. I feel so lucky. It could have been devastating!

At least you've got it sorted.

Reply to Power cut, but meters on. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net