Discuss Pre Payment meter at fault? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Leeuk ... do you know the price per kWh and your daily standing charge?

16.1kwh daily standing charge 28

looked at some of my old bills it did also say 13p kwh I'm sure my kwh
prices haven't changed on this meter never seen it off 16.1 kwh

62262035_348753902360300_4878248812851757056_n.png

61839568_2860606007313747_3347463636095336448_n.png

Here is my bills that they said should cost.

But here are my top ups due to my credit running out. All too much

20kwH per day eaquates to approx 4A per hour.or approx 12p/hour. our house averages that without any heavy appliances in use.

Does this make sense even on some of the letters sp saying 6600 khw for the year

I have even looked at some of my old estimated bill even one year in 2015 it says estimated bill for the year 13k khw lol

I believe i might be connected to another flat and I'm paying for that too??

I did a 24/7 check on the meter did about 6 kwh in 24 hours

6KWh per day seems reasonable to me for what you are using.
2 to 3 for pc
1 to 2 for fridge
boil kettle 3 times a day =0.5
watch tv for 3 hours =1.5
totals 5 to 7 KWh per day

plus cooking, ironing, lighting, and others.
6Kwh per day seems about right to me, would work out to be 2190 per year, or 182.5KWh per month
almost exactly the same as the guess made above.
p.s. the average electricity consumption in brussels is 2800KWh per year.
so congratulations you are doing better than the germans!!

I’m having a problem with Scotish Power myself.
Was with EON paying £72 per month and I did one of those compare the market/Uswitch things and SP came up as £58 per month.
Went up to £59 per month after about 4 months, let that slide.
Now they say I’m £260 in debit and want me to pay £80 per month.

Does this make sense even on some of the letters sp saying 6600 khw for the year

I have even looked at some of my old estimated bill even one year in 2015 it says estimated bill for the year 13k khw lol

I believe i might be connected to another flat and I'm paying for that too??

I did a 24/7 check on the meter did about 6 kwh in 24 hours

are you getting confused with the units?
it says estimated bill for the year 13k khw? or could it be
13 pence per KWh, this is what you are paying for electricity according to the bill data posted above.
not sure where 16.1 figure mentioned earlier is from.
but you are not being charged 16.1 pence per unit its 13 pence.

My MIL is having fun with EON.

She has a duel fuel agreement and is in £700 credit ........... however its only in credit because they stopped charging her for her gas last September .

Eon have stated it may take 3 months to sort out .................FFS

I’m having a problem with Scotish Power myself.
Was with EON paying £72 per month and I did one of those compare the market/Uswitch things and SP came up as £58 per month.
Went up to £59 per month after about 4 months, let that slide.
Now they say I’m £260 in debit and want me to pay £80 per month.

standard salesman talk, estimate your consumption based on magic made up numbers not on you providing them with the previous 12 months usage. did you change suppliers about 18 months ago?

EON owed me £400 when I left.
They were still taking the £72 per month.
Said they couldn’t pay me the £400 because there was a discrepancy between the meter readings given to them and SP.
I gave the same meter reading to both EON and SP.

EON owed me £400 when I left.
They were still taking the £72 per month.
Said they couldn’t pay me the £400 because there was a discrepancy between the meter readings given to them and SP.
I gave the same meter reading to both EON and SP.

Will be a year in July.

I hope you kept a record of the meter reading?
would be easy to check against the last eon bill and first sp bill?

are you getting confused with the units?
it says estimated bill for the year 13k khw? or could it be
13 pence per KWh, this is what you are paying for electricity according to the bill data posted above.
not sure where 16.1 figure mentioned earlier is from.
but you are not being charged 16.1 pence per unit its 13 pence.

was on a old letter are you sure its 13p because sp says 16.1p
and even says that on the meter

defiantly 13p
may £28.74 for 216KWh =13.3 pence
april £27.70 for 210KWh =13.2 pence
march £28.62 for 217KWh = 13.2 pence

defiantly 13p
may £28.74 for 216KWh =13.3 pence
april £27.70 for 210KWh =13.2 pence
march £28.62 for 217KWh = 13.2 pence

i guess they didnt add the service charge which is 27.39p per day
Not good at maths lol £60 in top ups in april £35? total costs?

maybe this is the problem i have been on a high tariff on my meter
Still doesnt explain the letters sent with 6k and 13k usages reason my credit it going down like a train

Hopefully get to the bottom of this soon its doing my head in cheers mate

i guess they didnt add the service charge which is 27.39p per day
Not good at maths lol £60 in top ups in april £35? total costs?

maybe this is the problem i have been on a high tariff on my meter
Still doesnt explain the letters sent with 6k and 13k usages reason my credit it going down like a train

Hopefully get to the bottom of this soon its doing my head in cheers mate

If you are putting twice as much money on your meter as you are being billed for, is there a debt registered on the meter?

it could be yours from an old pay monthly meter if you had a large outstanding debt before they fitted pre payment.

or it could be from the previous tenant.

either way if you are constantly putting twice as much credit on as you are using, you should either have a huge credit on the meter or its being offset to a debt, yours or otherwise.

If you are putting twice as much money on your meter as you are being billed for, is there a debt registered on the meter?

it could be yours from an old pay monthly meter if you had a large outstanding debt before they fitted pre payment.

or it could be from the previous tenant.

either way if you are constantly putting twice as much credit on as you are using, you should either have a huge credit on the meter or its being offset to a debt, yours or otherwise.

I have lived here since 2008 Meter says no debt Yes as of today over £500 in credit im sure it should be much more its been going on for years and years

I cant got all the way back to 2008 sp are working on it so i should soon have a much bigger credit hopefully

I will also be able to see my top ups that i have made when i moved in And than match it up with the bill

I have lived here since 2008 Meter says no debt Yes as of today over £500 in credit im sure it should be much more its been going on for years and years

I cant got all the way back to 2008 sp are working on it so i should soon have a much bigger credit hopefully

I will also be able to see my top ups that i have made when i moved in And than match it up with the bill

11 years at £25 per month overpayment =£3,300 refund
don't spend it just yet! but,
I think we have just got to the bottom of the problem.
meter is set to take 40 to 50% of credit applied and use it to pay off a debt that is neither yours or current.
my maths is a bit crude but if they suggest it is any less than a 2k refund due, ask them for all the billing info to back up there claim.

Reply to Pre Payment meter at fault? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net