Discuss Promoting your business, what's the most efficient way? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Dannyspark

Hi All,

Just thought I'd start a thread to discuss the best and most cost effective way of promoting your business.

The general consensus is to steer clear of Thomson/Yell, but what other avenues have people tried?

I personally have a website and also use local paper advertising supplemented with occassional leaflet drops, which to be honest provides more business than the newspaper advert, but still don't have much success with either.

Best is always word of mouth, but you can't sit at home waiting on that, so am wondering what techniques the proactive guys out they use or have tried in the past and what sort of success you've had with each method.

Cheers

Dan

When i first started i did leaflet drops with a difference.
Basically the information was put on a postcard size card, printed both sides on good quality card (professionally printed).
People don't like throwing away good quality card and it was just the right size to put on a notice board or letter rack.
I also put on the card "do not throw me away, you never know when you may need me"
I still get people phoning me up and say "i got your card through the door the other day". I have not done it for 20 years!

I get a number of leads each month from my principle wholesaler - I spend lots there so loyalty pays off.

I'd suggest getting some "cards" printed and do drops around the areas you know well and would expect people to buy in your services.

How long have you been self employed? In the current climate it could take 3 years to get established.

I get a number of leads each month from my principle wholesaler - I spend lots there so loyalty pays off.

I'd suggest getting some "cards" printed and do drops around the areas you know well and would expect people to buy in your services.

How long have you been self employed? In the current climate it could take 3 years to get established.

Have only been running aprox. 6 months Murdoch so am expecting it to take a while to get up to speed. Todays news of the UK going back into recession isn't going to help:sad3:

I like the ideas you all have so cheers for all this chaps.

Dan

Reply to Promoting your business, what's the most efficient way? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net