Discuss PV module breakdown in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Morgan keith

Has anyone got any ideas what may be a simple way for a customer to determine whether a PV module has broken down in an installation of around 50kWp? I'm aware that this will infuence an entire string, but is there an easy way to determine this?

Cheers

If you've got an array of any scale over 10kw then surely a monitoring system would be part and parcel of the job, (we've had them for jobs smaller than this also)

The only monitoring sytem we currently deal with monitor the entire system rather than individual strings? Do you have a link of the kinds of system you would advise? Cheers edexlab!

sorry the monitoring I'm talking about would only indicate problems with string inverters not individual strings/modules
although I'm not sure if SMA webbox has any capability for this , I'm sure it will have via the fault signalling relay you can add ,I'll have to read up a bit more on this!

As for one module causing total failure of the string, the bypass diodes would do their job allowing the rest to operate as normal, so as long as there is no problem with the actual cables from the module

Are you sure that's right? Surely as they're a series circuit then the whole string will go down?

Incidentally, is it possible for the panel to go down yet still be 'in circuit'? I'm assuming it isn't.

Reply to PV module breakdown in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, Wasn’t sure where to get some information, so I thought I’d ask the question here! FYI I have no electrical quals, I build custom...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, I have been out to quote for a soffit lighting job. I have done jobs like this many times but usually only installing lights in the top...
Replies
Views
I have just removed the keypad module (art.3188) on a comelit vandalcom audio intercom and blanked it off. I installed a siemens K42 keypad lower...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I wondered if anyone could help me with something that has been niggling me please?! When a Solar PV feed in circuit is installed...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Victron Multiplus-II 5kVA inverter/charger with Pylontech US5000 batteries installed in my house along with a 6.8kWp PV array and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock