Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Quite literaly Lamps Blowing in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

Anonomoose

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Just been to a mates house. His lamps keep blowing sometimes with such energy the glass breaks too. The Consumer Unit is a crabtree about 4 years old and the lighting circuit is on a 6a MCB which is tripping when the lamps go. All connections appear to be good and having measured it there is 245v through the circuit. Anyone got any ideas. Being a bit in-experienced i have not come across this yet. Any help greatly appreciated.

Anon

W

WarrenG

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just been to a mates house. His lamps keep blowing sometimes with such energy the glass breaks too. The Consumer Unit is a crabtree about 4 years old and the lighting circuit is on a 6a MCB which is tripping when the lamps go. All connections appear to be good and having measured it there is 245v through the circuit. Anyone got any ideas. Being a bit in-experienced i have not come across this yet. Any help greatly appreciated.

Anon
You haven't said what type of lamp?

Could be a number of reasons, one being that the lamp supplied has come from the £ shop? Low quality, short life.

Could be a surge on the supply?

Loose connection would certainly cause a high resistant joint but you say all connections are fine?

I would re-check all connections on that circuit, fittings, switches and including the MCB connections at the board, check quality of lamps.

S

Spudnik

I would agree about the quality of the lamps.

Having said that, even some of the branded ones are just as bad.

A

Anonomoose

Sorry they are standard BC 40-60w ones. I asked about the quality but he said after they started going he started buying decent quality ones so that may rule out the quality.

S

Scott F

I had a similar experience a while a go lamps keep blowing checked all connections all seemed fine .The three lights it kept happening to were cheap B±Q type so we agreed to change them to bog standard fittings it seemed to sort the problem out (bearing in mind it was for a housing ass so there were no financial costs to either of us ) You say you have checked the connections have you checked the connections of the fittings themselves?

Aico 3000 Range

Reply to Quite literaly Lamps Blowing in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
Top Bottom