Discuss r1+r2 test on 2 way lighting in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Davem

Evening gents bit of advice, testing the above and when switches are on a reading of 3.13 ohms is apparent. Now when a switch is turned off I would expect a dead circuit I.e infinite >2000 but no a reading of 60.4 ohms is shown any thoughts on what this could be ?? Cheers

I suspect the 60 ohms is from the strapper thats not on as it were , the reading your getting is through the lamp ,

No not all other lamps were removed, so this could point to that but why would it show that is it reading all lamps on that circuit but why isn't it picking up on any other part of the circuit standard 1 way light either on or off. Is it due to the strappers cheers

No not all other lamps were removed, so this could point to that but why would it show that is it reading all lamps on that circuit but why isn't it picking up on any other part of the circuit standard 1 way light either on or off. Is it due to the strappers cheers

IMHO - no. both your reading are too high

Dave, if you're not doing the test proerly then you're A going to get daft readings and B wasting your time.
Go back and do it properly mate then if you're still getting silly readings then yell

Reply to r1+r2 test on 2 way lighting in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I just finished a garden room supply. The customer already had a CPN garage consumer unit that the last sparks left there, brand new in box, and...
Replies
Views
Please advise what I should test / check next. My usual qualified electrician who did all of the work here is in Ireland for 4 weeks and not...
Replies
Views
Have only recently gotten in to testing. Doing an R1+R2 on a lighting circuit but instead of producing a result my tester clicks over and over...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I've moved into a flat and I've decided to replace the original electric switches and sockets with white ones. I've done them all...
Replies
Views
Hi forum, A question about R1+R2 testing. I’m testing a lighting circuit. It’s an old circuit with old colours. In the control panel feeding the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock