Discuss RCD type for solar power in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

newfutile

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
During an EICR I have come across a Solis -1P4K-4G inverter
I believe this has no transformer , it is currently on a type AC RCD.
It’s difficult to find information but similar solis can inject up to 6ma of DC I believe .

I propose to move it to its own consumer unit as its all wired on tray ,can I use a main switch and a MCB to comply with ADS or would it need a type A or type B RCD double pole module?

Reply to RCD type for solar power in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello! I've been racking my brain this evening about some RCD selections. I've been doing some work for a solar installer, and they've asked me...
Replies
Views
I decided to get solar panels, the inverter instructions say one can use type AC, so the existing 14 x RCBO CU seems OK, may be a good idea to fit...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am at odds on whether RCD protection is required on an SWA of 14 metres, clipped direct under flooring direct from CU to an exterior...
Replies
Views
Hello there I have just installed a new Solis S6-GR1P3.6K-M-DC Inverter - this replaced a 10 year old+ Sungrow inverter that failed/out of...
Replies
Views
Called out to fault on RCD tripping maybe twice in a month for sometime. Did all the tests & found RCD was faulty, Refitted a new Rcd Type A which...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock