Discuss Read only files in the Computer and Networking Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Sanke

Morning all

We have a new laptop running windows 7 & have today tried to transfer files from Iphone 4s to it. They transfer fine but are read only. I have tried to reset this but the system seems to reset back to read only

I have tried the attrib command from a post I read but this does not seem to solve the problem

Anybody got any ideas

Thanks

Permissions on later versions of windows are userid specific. Locate the files using windows explorer and right click on either the folder containing them or the file(s) themselves. Select the security tab. You will be presented with a dialogue box with userid's at the top and permissions at the bottom. Select the userid you need to have write access at the top and then change the permissions as necessary on the bottom part of the screen. You may need to run windows explorer as administrator in order to do this (right click on the windows explorer icon and click run as administrator).

Hi guys
The files I am looking to amend are pictures. I have tried saving them from her phone iphone 4s on my screen on the shared laptop (we are both administrators though) & it makes no difference. I transferred all the photos from our old laptop using easy transfer & we can amend them but not the new files ??????

Apple have there own way of doing things ie MP3&4 music files are used on PCs but Apple have their own . 3G signed a deal to use these music files a couple of years ago and then never renewed it only problem was that when people upgraded their phones they could not transfer these files over as they didi not have the software to red them a girl knew lost £120 worth of downloaded music track

this forum new for me,it is very good forum, this forum related from the computer read only files.we can more information from this forum and this benefit for me.We must do any work first read the files then works.

this forum new for me,it is very good forum, this forum related from the computer read only files.we can more information from this forum and this benefit for me.We must do any work first read the files then works

Intrudectiion

this forum new for me.I read first time but good forum.this forum relative from the computer therefore more benefit for every one. we must do any work first read the files then open files.

Reply to Read only files in the Computer and Networking Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net