Discuss Recommend a set of ladders in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

hightower

Hi, looking to invest in a decent set of ladders, mainly step ladders but I've used combination ladders recently and have to say, they are handy. I want a set of steps to use on the job, but also want something I can use at home to clean windows with etc.

I've found these: Werner Combination Ladder 4 Way - Toolstation

I like the look of them, in that it's a decent pair of steps that I can then turn in to an extension ladder to clean my windows with. I'm thinking these should be long enough - I live in a new build house so the house isn't as tall as an old terrace.

Will these do me, or has someone got another recommendation or knows of a similar ladder at a better price? Was looking at paying no more than a total of £150 for the ladders and a set of clamps for the van (ie Werner Roof Rack Clamp - Toolstation)

I use these, a bit dearer but well worth it in my opinion. I've had both.

RPA-RAS21_01G.jpg

Not a step ladder , but these are great for lofts and convenience . Take very little room up and are great little get out of jail jobs.
These are not the ones I have, but wholesalers are stocking equivalents.

Attachments

• 71CR3bMSEbL._SY355_.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 92
thats what I'd prefer but our vans don't have roof racks so it needs to go inside, and our H&S team go all funny if you start working on much taller than a set of steps then we have to get the tower to site!
they will easily fit in most vans.

there 1.9m closed and 3.4m if used as a ladder and 2.7 if used as a set of steps

Last edited:
one thing to watch with these fancy multiway ladders is they can be flippin heavy if you are lugging them around continually.
I've got stepladders/ short extenders and a platform thingy as well as the combo ones which were bough as an only need one set solution.

Guess what - I mostly use the others still.

maybe I just need to get down the gym some more

one thing to watch with these fancy multiway ladders is they can be flippin heavy if you are lugging them around continually.
I've got stepladders/ short extenders and a platform thingy as well as the combo ones which were bough as an only need one set solution.

Guess what - I mostly use the others still.

maybe I just need to get down the gym some more
trust me the youngman ones are light i was under 9 stone when i first started using them (im5'10 so not that strong really just look at me lol)

Reply to Recommend a set of ladders in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net