Discuss Scratched a customers floor while working in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Only his hand?.... A Yorkshire Lass would have slammed his jewels in the door..still need his hands to do the job he turned up to do.

Well he had his hand in the door jam trying to block my way.............. so I just slammed the door on his hand and got out of his way. I could write a book on inappropriate behaviour from so called "professionals"............... just ask Geordie!!!!

Thanks for the advice. The kitchen fitter is on my side I've done loads of work for him. As far as I'm aware where the scratch is located is exactly where I moved some drawers so yeah I have scratched it but haven't openly admit it. It's only a surface scratch and yes I have photos. She just wants £500 knocked off.

Andy

You may have just openly admitted it on an open forum:hanged:

on a job where cheap laminate got damaged, stood out a mile. chippy said 'no worries' pulled out assortment of 'wax sticks', matched up n filled. i'd have given a tenner to anyone who spotted it afterwards!

Rewired upstairs lighting circuit once luckly timber framed building so all switch drops pulled through on old cables but managed to tear wallpaper around bedside switch by about 1/2 inch stuck it back down couldnt see the tear unless you looked really hard but the lady of house noticed it and wanted to deduct the cost of the whole room being repapered explained to her before the job started that some damage may occur getting cable to switches after some arguing with her and husband I pointed out the contact they had signed before work started stating the possiblity of having to redo switch drops and replaster soon shut them up.

Rule one NEVER admit liability,some years ago I did some work in a house for a firm and the guy accused me of burning a hole in the landing carpet,there were dust sheets down when I arrived and I placed mine over these,that very morning I had been issued new sheets and when they were checked there was not a mark on them,proving I hadn't burned the carpet.The boss was happy with this however the client kept phoning up giving me grief and wanting 400 quid to replace the carpet,At this point I lost my cool and asked the client how much to respray the 2 new cars he had on his drive,he got the point and never rang back,turned out he'd tried the same thing with another spark that had rewired his house,but that guy had actually paid him out.

Andy
Gotta agree with all the others who say call her bluff.
Tell her you will pass it on to your insurer, unless your excess is more than £500.00 it will cost you less.
Had a similar experience at my former employer's: A scumbag tenant claimed that one of our sparks had damaged her £400 stair carpet - which was really a £5.99/sq.m basic carpet - which had in reality been damaged by their own puppy. A carpet fitter inspected the 'damage' and advised us it was not caused by our guys. We called our insurance adviser who told us to write to her denying liability and that all future correspondence would be via the insurance company.
Surprisingly no more came of the complaint.
I absolutely hate these barstewards that think they can screw-over tradesmen who come and work in their homes or business'.
Best of luck, don't let them grind you down!

All you gotta say is....

"Oi fukwit, show me the evidence the damage to the floor is £500" and then, "and show me the evidence i damaged it"

Then call her a ----.

Reply to Scratched a customers floor while working in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net