Search the forum,

Discuss Segen Closes It's Doors in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Ramjam if the increase had just been threefold then I'd agree with you but Segen took a whole month's orders in one day on the Friday that EST leaked the document and they had already moved to 24 hour working shifts about a month prior to that because of the volume they were working with. I'm not sure how anyone could have dealt with a 20 fold increase (not 3 fold increase) when they are already working at capacity.

Altenergy are a complete joke, I've paid upfront for 3 loads of panels for each of them failed deliveries and at least 5 days for a refund to come back to me. That was months before any of this kicked off. I'm waiting for roof kit from them that was ordered a week before the cuts were announced - they are a complete and utter shambles and I know others on the Forum have had the same service.

With Segen's IT I've been able to keep track of what's happening and I'm amazed given the volume of orders they have taken, that the worst their system has done is gone slow.

The ladies in the office here are working hard every day with a variety of suppliers to juggle all of our jobs against the available stock and to keep our teams busy and the cash flowing. I have been told that my simplistic views are not correct and that it requires tact to secure supplies for which I'm grateful that they have as I certainly don't.

I know this for certain.....it all comes down to the quality of the relationship that you have with a supplier, we have some very good suppliers who are working very hard to secure the products that we require and I'm very grateful for that.

Cashflow has never been more critical, Sage tells me how much of my cashflow has been swallowed in VAT which we'll get back around the 12th December. We're paying upfront for vast amounts of kit, some from Germany with a 7-10 day lead time. Our customers have been superstars, paying on-time and some even early which makes a world of difference. We wrote to all of our customers and asked them to make any transfers that they need to to get the cash into a main high street bank that participates in faster payments so that on the day of commissioning the money can be received and spent again.

Despite our frustrations I suspect that when this is all over we will be able to see that pretty much everyone has made an epic effort to serve their customers following this government induced panic. My apologies to Segen if I've got them wrong!

Reply to Segen Closes It's Doors in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock