Discuss Segen Closes It's Doors in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Worcester

-
Mentor
Reaction score
Just got this from segen.

"Due to the unprecedented number of orders that Segen has received recently it is unlikely that any substantial NEW orders will be able to be fulfilled during November and as a minimum we are therefore implementing the following rules to ensure that stock on existing orders can be shipped as efficiently as possible."

Always new that their back office procedures were poor at the best of times..

I don't see their alone on this. I've seen a Email form Fronius HQ only today stating no more stock on 90% of their range and none expected till December as they are now in production.

It isn't just installers took by surprise but also suppliers and manufactures. And anyone who claim to of known it is either a time traveler or in Government!

Germany's cut in January is only going to make the situation worse.

Too knackered to contribute anything useful so will go for abuse instead...

Greg and Chris you are a pair of t0553rs... Seen you on TV this week defending the hundreds of billions of tax payers money being spent on offshore wind. OK for big corporations and banks to get looked after but everyone else can go to the wall...

Big corporations avoid the tax that we have to pay, you've backed the wrong horse on this one...

Segens back office and website are pretty poor, but they have done well and remembering the Sharp allocation row I think Segen have just sold out! After all most kit is finite and only so much stock to go around. That said I have had my rails delivered 5 days early and my Sanyo 3 days before expected.

We've had a few minor glitches with deliveries with Segen but considering the volume of what they have dealt with in a short period of time I'm amazed there hasn't been many, many more cock ups. I've found that patience and persistence have worked well for me as well as the normal flexibility.

To be honest where many of the staff won't know if they have a job after Christmas I think they've provided a really good service - after all what's in it for them other than a P45 when this has all died down. None of the wholesalers will be needing anything like the number of staff they'd been building up.

Tough times for everyone. Our service to our customers hasn't been anything like it normally is but these are exceptional circumstances.

I still don't understand their website, but definately can't fault the staff at Segen. Every person that I've dealt with has been extremely helpful. Based on the feedback regarding other suppliers here, I'm glad I backed them for my stock.

I hope that Segen will be one of the suppliers that can retain staff etc as I've been happy with all of them.

Just ordered a complete 4kW kit from Scott Nangle today, you will see him on here as Daytona600. Panels due in, inverters in stock, mounting kit due in.......

01698 294 493

Felt bad as the orders I had him quote for fell through, but now I can atleast send one his way.

Yeah, we've ordered from Scott Nangle today also. I like the effort that they are putting in - working long hours and weekends. He has some decent panels for good prices on offer too.

Wholesaler you all know has just been in contact, order due for delivery pre 10 am today(friday) been delayed till tuesday. all items allocated and in stock but they can't physically get them out of the warehouse... nice to get a call but i expect we'll still have to pay extra for our pre 10am delivery even though its five days late!!!

We have an order bounced for the second day from Segen, it went to picking on Thursday and the will be still picking on over the weekend.

We can take one day slip and had a day in the office today when we should have been on an install but 2 days is going to cause real problems.

All I can say is I am glad we have turned away the work we have. We have probably turned away more customer (ones we have quoted previously and not new enquiries) than we are likely to do in the first qrt next year. Trying to be optimistic could well be the first half...

One customer we advised to go with someone if they could guarantee an install, they have Sanyo's booked in for the 4th Dec....

yeh yeh i had sanyo 235se10 booked in for MONDAY all payed up before 9 am delivery! scaffold up today!email tonite (cant supply kit) well thanks thats just cost me £500 in scaff!! got 2 kits (ment to be deliverd this week?) 2 next week? who knows til u open the box wot u got!! i wished i had pulled out of all work now!hassle and stress for WHAT employing a scaffolder to practice his scaffolding skills!

Sorry to be a skeptic but all they do is shift boxes, it's not rocket science, it's basic wholesaling which compared to established wholesalers they do terribly. If they have 3 times as many orders as normal then there are 24 hours in a day and 8 hours in a shift so surely everything should still leave on time.

The moment this happened it was clear that the wholesalers would need to pull 3 times the stock through so why so long before they sorted it out? We had planning all day of the announcement, increased hours, introduced a bonus scheme, bought a new van, ordered more tools and hired extra temporary staff. Through the week we finalised plans, trained the new staff, wrote to all of the customers and devised office systems to do with ordering, deliveries, paperwork and scheduling of work according to available stock.

Of all of the wholsalers, segen have the most IT, allocation of stock against future deliveries etc. We ordered 43 inverters from Segen through Ewan at Swithenbanks and they haven't come despite being allocated and paid for. We get the odd pallet of panels but generally Segen have been rubbish. We're getting panels and inverters through Alternergy at a more steady rate and all of the meters, isolators and cables have come through CEF who have done a brilliant job and been a pleasure to deal with.

When Segen finally sell out to a real electrical wholesaler then things will get much better, they might even then drop the 08 telephone number and employ enough staff to manage customer accounts properly, they might even take orders over the phone for those of us who don't have internet access from the roof.

Not impressed with Segen, could do much better !!!!

I hope to be all clear by the end of next week, I cancelled all decembers installs at the outset and ordered all kit the day before announcment for seven November jobs, just waiting for eight Sanyo 235's for now my own house which are being delivered on the 25th, last job, just hope they turn up.

Reply to Segen Closes It's Doors in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net