Discuss Shower feed wired in wrong in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Sorry to be a thickoo guys just reading this interesting thread and wondered whats an r1 + r2 ??

R1+R2 is one of two ways of carring out the "Continuity of Circuit Protective Conductor" test.

DEAD test, safe isolation and prove it's dead before carrying out the test

A temporary link installed at the C/U (or I prefer to take the live conductor of the circuit and put it in the earth bar), test at shower between Line & Earth with a continuity tester.

Then you would get your result in Ohms, and check that in accordance to table L1 On-Site Guide BS7671:2008

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
the answers are all there, grasshopper, all you need to do is seek the truth.

R1+R2 is one of two ways of carring out the "Continuity of Circuit Protective Conductor" test.

DEAD test, safe isolation and prove it's dead before carrying out the test

A temporary link installed at the C/U (or I prefer to take the live conductor of the circuit and put it in the earth bar), test at shower between Line & Earth with a continuity tester.

Then you would get your result in Ohms, and check that in accordance to table L1 On-Site Guide BS7671:2008

:)
or in one sentence.

R1 = line
R2 = cpc
Rn= n

bassically combined resistance of line + cpc (link together and test at other end)

or in one sentence.

R1 = line
R2 = cpc
Rn= n

bassically combined resistance of line + cpc (link together and test at other end)

and then if you so wished, if you know the approximate length of the circuit, you can compare your measurement with the value in the resistance tables.
If they widely differ, that would imply there's a fault somewhere.

Reply to Shower feed wired in wrong in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, The PRD went on my Triton electric shower. I opened it up to find out where a replacement would go, and someone mentioned that the wiring...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Sort of an interesting one. I had a call from a client to say she is getting a shock when using the shower. I told her not to use it and...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm not an electrician, more one of those 'competent DIYers', so probably the worst kind :) My electric shower broke, the shower firm came...
Replies
Views
Good evening all, I’m currently part way through my apprenticeship and we are working on IB, IN, IZ and IT and volt drop today. And it got me...
Replies
Views
Hi, The shower pull chord switch has snapped at my mom’s home and having unscrewed the switch I discovered a horror show(see pic). So I’ve had...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock