Discuss Smart Board Projectors in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

moose

-
Reaction score
Can anybody please help me as im one who does try to do the job correctly, but im unable to find the correct answers anywhere.

The issue is this, i have tested a number of Smart board Projectors and the readings are example of 4.

1 - 3.4mA
2 - 3.6mA
3 - 3.2mA
4 - 3.6mA

very close to the common 3.5mA, i would fail two of these projectors, but im thinking there is a get out clause maybe, like its about 5mA or upto max 10mA for projector or maybe rely on RCD protection been hard wired as well

number 2 is plugged in to a socket above the ceiling and 4 is hard wired to a Spur.

Could you direct me to some figures not say so please as gaffas need answers not jack said hehe. :)

Thanks guys for you time here..

you can't fail them. all this type of equipmwnt has a small leakage. just like computers. that's why you should only wire a limited number to each RCD/RCBO.

Well I can if I dont get the right answer to be honest, as testing the projector as an item comes in at 3.6mA which is a fail for an appliance, can you explain your answer better telectrix.

I know about Ring circuits and making clean earth to help etc. RCD ratio(mA stuff lol) for circuits but im looking how not to fail the projectors as an item doing PAT testing..

Tels point is you cant have to many items that have a leakage to earth i.e projectors and computers on 1 circuit as the accumulative leakage could take it over the 30 m/a threshold

Well I can if I dont get the right answer to be honest, as testing the projector as an item comes in at 3.6mA which is a fail for an appliance, can you explain your answer better telectrix.

I know about Ring circuits and making clean earth to help etc. RCD ratio(mA stuff lol) for circuits but im looking how not to fail the projectors as an item doing PAT testing..

Have you read the BGB Reg 543.7.1.101? Have you tried using an earth leakage clamp meter on the equipment you are testing? your PA Tester may be giving you a duff reading

How old are these projectors???
Surely all 4 of them are not up the ****ter !!!
I know you said you would fail 2 of them but the others are pretty much the same.
I wouldnt mind betting if you tested them several times you would get different readings and the other 2 would possibly fail aswell.
Anyway pop a pass sticker on and go to sleep !!!:sifone:

If it's over 3.5 ma and below 10ma then it should be on it's own circuit

Reply to Smart Board Projectors in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net