Discuss Solar Certicfication in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

chazmanhere

Hi

I am in the process of establishing a solar Pv installation company in Belfast, Northern Ireland.

The problem i have is that I cannot gain MCS accreditation until such time as I have my first Install Complete.

And the customer cannot avail of the NIE Grant unless they employ an MCS accredited installer.

So at that rate the only way i can get a job is to do it below cost price. This is an awkward hurdle that has been placed in my Way by power Ni and one that in my opinion is effecting new companies entering the market.

Does anyone have anything to say on this subject?

Kind regards
Charles McGuire
mcksolar.co.uk

Reply to Solar Certicfication in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi wondering if you could help with some advice Been running an Essex/suffolk based electrical firm for last 20 years, mainly light commercial...
Replies
Views
Help please, this is my first post on this subject regarding solar panel / battery installation into house with 3 phase supply. I am a DIY level...
Replies
Views
Renewable energy startup is seeking a Technical Co-Founder to help create a company that is both socially and financially rewarding. The...
Replies
Views
Ok so I am an electrician but don't really do solar, my partners sister has a holiday let complex, due to her energy bills rising to £36k a year...
Replies
Views
I have a 12 panel array … BenQ 330W panels, Solar Edge Micro-controllers and Inverter. On Solar Edge App, shows 1 panel as not generating any...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock