Discuss Solar Edge Help Please in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi all,
The reason I chose Ethical Solar the company I did:
They were a local company
They had carried out over 300 installations
They had been trading since January 2010
They seemed to be doing Solar for the correct reasons
They were not pushy
They were one of a couple that could help with a two orientation, three pitch system
They had experience with Solar Edge
They had done a lot of Bristol City Council work.

I thought they ticked all the correct boxes, I now know this was wrong.

There is an Ethical Solar in Grimsby who I have spoken to and they said Bristol Ethical Solar is nothing to do with them but I think used to be part of the same company but by all accounts the Bristol ethical Solar was folded and Consumer Protection Association checked this. I think they were all part of the same company once, I found out once installed that the Directors of the Bristol Ethical Solar were only in it for the money and once the cut in feed in tariffs came in they just laid all their staff off and ceased to trade, I heard they even tried to sell the business on.

As they share a web site they must be connected. Did the Bristol lot have the same MCS registration details as the Grimsby lot.

Check your MCS certificate and see the installers details.
If its the Grimsby lot ......bingo you have them they cannot deny responsibility.

Print out the web site pages with the dual details showing before it disappears !

The Bristol director is / was Mr J.Whiten
his director details show as Grimsby :
JOHN WHITEN director information. Free director information.

He is also involved with this lot :
Home page | Commnity Power Ltd

If its the Grimsby lot then the threat of a REA / RECC investigation will probably be enough to get them to come and sort it.

However do not expect RECC to actually do anything .......

Its all about spelling. RECC consider themselves to be important most of us actually working in this industry consider them impotent.

Mcs renewables, you are a industry Sherlock Holmes, thank you.
I have looked on the MCS site and nothing at all coming up for Ethical Solar even though they are still trading, very strange, My installers mcs number is cor 119 and I think they had this planned all along as the installers name is strange, 1 Ethical Solar, so if anyone comes across this number please tell me I am on the hunt now. Thank you all again for your help.

Interesting now though, 1 Ethical Solar comes up on MCS database though, but no details . The plot thickens, thank you MCS Renewables, at least I now know where to start looking, thank you again.

It's a Web of intrigue here:

Go to your contract and see the EXACT name of the company on it, also what is the EXACT Name on MCS certificate and their MCS Registration number

There are 4 Businesses:

Ethical Solar Limited
07154240 THE CREATE CENTRE SMEATON ROAD, BRISTOL, BS1 6XN
Directors: Mr John Whiten, Mrs. Barbara Kahan

Ethical Solar Humberside Limited
07420233 LITTLE ORCHARD GIBRALTAR LANE, LACEBY, GRIMSBY, N E LINCOLNSHIRE, DN37 7AU
Directors: Mr Kenneth Brian Rilatt, Ms Janet Patricia Rilatt

Ethical Solar South Limited (Dissolved)
07738328 32 DARNLEY AVENUE, BRISTOL, BS7 0BS
Director: Charlotte Whiten

Ethical Solar Leeds Limited
07635377 53 SALISBURY STREET, CALVERLEY, LEEDS, WEST YORKSHIRE LS28 5PY, LS19 6BE
Director: Mr Nicholas O'brien

Mr John Whiten
Ethical Solar Limited, 07154240, Director, Manager, 11 Feb 2010 — Present (3 years, 8 months, 20 days), Open
Wholesolar Limited, 07571006, Director, Director, 21 Mar 2011 — Present (2 years, 7 months, 10 days), Open
Ethical Energy (UK) Ltd, 07866470, Director, Director, 30 Nov 2011 — Present (1 year, 11 months, 1 day), Open
Community Power Limited, 08321692, Director, Director, 06 Dec 2012 — Present (10 months, 25 days), Open
Seabear Limited, 07570817, Director, Director, 21 Mar 2011 — 28 Jul 2011 (4 months, 7 days), Retired

Short name John Whiten
Year of Birth: 1977
Director ID: 915050297
Registered Address
Moorings Waithe Lane
Grimsby
United Kingdom
DN37 0RJ

I have an archived copy of their website of needed at a later date.

I know I have been on it all evening, he is also involved in the big community solar build in Wedmore.
Ethical Solar incorporated Ethical Solar South 12/8/11 and was finally confirmed dissolved April 2013 with one Director a Miss Charlotte Whiten, Ethical Solar in Humberside has a different mcs number the details on my certificate do not seem to match with any of them and wow the amount of Comapnies to operate out of one address over the past 7 years is scary.
MCS Certified Installation Company
1 Ethical Solar
MCS Company Number COR 119
MCS Certified Installer Name John Whiten

The customers who had installations done by companies who are no longer trading should have chosen more carefully then!

I chose homesun because I didn't have the cash to install solor plus if anything goes wrong I just call them. I didn't want a loan to cover installation I have just paid off my mortgage

Hi All,
I thought I would give an update as my problem did seem to be rather unique and may be of interest or even help to some of you going forward. Thank you again for everyone's help and advice, well I had a battle with the Solar Edge guy saying it could not be the optimizer as he had tested it, I must admit to getting very frustrated with this conclusion as it was made remotely, I complained to Solar Edge and they offered to send someone to exchange the optimizer, which happened on Monday, just gone. We have had only two days of sun since but it does seem to have resolved the problem, so without counting my chickens to early I would like to thank Eytan at Solar Edge for arranging this and saving me lots of money and stress, if I had listened to the original Solar Edge guys advice that it was not a Solar Edge issue and more than likely a panel issue this would have cost me a lot of money scaffold etc. So all is looking good at the moment, but thank you for all your help on this forum.

Reply to Solar Edge Help Please in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net