Discuss Spanish Solar PV , what went so wrong ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dustydazzler

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Give us the gist of what it says…. I’m not watching the video.
Spanish Gov gave incentives to the general public to invest in P.V. promising a good price for buying the energy.
Promise being the word, not a legally written guaranteed price.
The problem was too many people took up the deal and the Spanish Gov didn't want to pay, so they stoped paying out
Thousands of people took out loans and can't afford the payments now.

It appears there was no limit on the P.V size so the loans and payments are big.

As above , people borrowed money to buy millions of euros worth of solar panels off the back of the government promising to buy the energy produced

It never happened and some people were left with huge loans that they will never afford to pay back

The FIT payments reduce every year, certainly in the larger projects, not sure about domestic. I often work commissioning the substations for wind or solar farms and there is usualy a last minute panic to have them working by the 31st of March as the FIT drops on the 1st of April. I have seen several bodges to get things working till the FIT is agreed then its all shut down again on the 2nd of April for remedial work.

Reply to Spanish Solar PV , what went so wrong ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi forum members, I hope someone can assist with my enquiry. I have been advised that to comply with BS7671 Reg 132.16 my solar and battery...
Replies
Views
Electrician Jobs Solar PV Technical Manager
Are you a qualified electrician with experience of solar installation interested in developing your management experience and looking for a new...
Replies
Views
Hi, So I'm replacing a small old off grid with a new 7.5kw off grid, & being poor seek best value for my mppt, after long searches I find this...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a 6kw PV with a 6kw Growatt battery and invertor. I have a solar iboost going to the hotwater tank. Recently I had a Ohme Home Pro...
Replies
Views
Renewable energy startup is seeking a Technical Co-Founder to help create a company that is both socially and financially rewarding. The...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock