Discuss Speeding up testing of a large site.... in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Blimey lots to reply t0

And to the guys who have used these systems before, How does the process work exactly?
Ive always done it olde school with pen, paper and stickers but I must admit trying to write out a label when doing the splits accross a conveyor is not easy!!

You won't need the pen and paper lol.

As the assets are already stored in your pat tester it should just be a case of plug and play. When you scan an asset the details will appear on your machine with the options for your test. If your test is a pass just print the label off there and then; you won't want failed items labeled I assume, so fix and print.

When you add a new asset scan it and add the details to your tester, they will be there till you delete them, you can bring stored asset details up at any time by just scanning the item.

The printers can be clipped to your belt for those awkward places too.

As you already have Patguard I assume you are familiar with the record keeping facilities, but incase you don't know it has a test due warning facility that can be emailed to yourself or your customer. It can also print out all the asset records and test results that may be required.

You can download all the instruction manuals and loads of other information from Seaward, or phone them , they are very helpful.

It will read it and let you assign it to a new asset. It will not have the previous details unless they are stored in your tester. if you have the previous details you can enter them into your tester but I am not sure if they will auto load to Patguard, you may be able to store them as a new client.
It will read all the barcodes and results if they are in your tester.

If I can find the disc I will have a read up tonight. I am a bit rusty as I have not used it for awhile.

Last edited:

Reply to Speeding up testing of a large site.... in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net