Discuss Spray Paint in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

electricden

Part way through 2nd fix and client has had a guy in tospray EVERY room wall & ceiling with white emulsion. Went in on Saturday tocontinue my work and found the ceiling rose's I had fitted had had the coversremoved and now all cables inside are white !! they had masked the few switchesI had fitted but now IR down to 1.2Meg . The cables ready for making off inback boxes are still wet with paint. You can feel the damp in the house nowwhen you walk in.

i would have had a fit over that
obviously the painter is not a pro or they would have known that the boxes would need masked off
I would clean the paint off and charge the painter for the time.

slightly off subject..I can remember yrs ago at Christmas time a brand new 4 bed detached house had to be dried out quickly after being plastered (no dot dab in those days) over the Xmas holiday period. Builders used an electric heater come dehumidifier and left it unattended. Opps, it dried it out OK, burnt the whole lot down! Builders had used an extension lead, but had not uncoiled the extension lead fully! Expensive exercise!

Part way through 2nd fix and client has had a guy in tospray EVERY room wall & ceiling with white emulsion. Went in on Saturday tocontinue my work and found the ceiling rose's I had fitted had had the coversremoved and now all cables inside are white !! they had masked the few switchesI had fitted but now IR down to 1.2Meg . The cables ready for making off inback boxes are still wet with paint. You can feel the damp in the house nowwhen you walk in.
explain to him about identification of conductors....then add costs....

its your time...

Reply to Spray Paint in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

A few weeks ago I posted this in another thread...: The tripping kept occurring, so I went back and moved a likely candidate circuit to the...
Replies
Views
Hi, This afternoon, finished re-emulsioning a plasterboard ceiling in a 25-y-o house (so the electrics are modern enough). I had removed a...
Replies
Views
Hi, Before I begin my tale of woe, I have my tin hat ready! I'm retired from the trade, I started out just as the 16th came in and had a rather...
Replies
Views
Last week I went to Moldova doing some work with a charity on people's houses. Nothing electrical, mainly painting, fitting false ceilings...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys. Here's a good one for you, to rack the techies brains out there. Any views on the following please? By the way I'm NICEIC approved, Q.S...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock