Discuss Steady Saturday morning in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Got a phone call at 6.20 this morning from one of my regular good customers, Can you pop up and take a look at the electrics.
Something as tripped due to a leak in the roof, So off i go to find Puddles of water all the way through the factory 2 sub boards tripped out leading to half the the high bay lights out, 2 compressor's off all 240v sockets Plus about 20 other circuits!!
Me and Darrel have had to get a new sub main installed new 3phase Schneider board just to get the compressors back on after rerouting to 2 supplies for them dragged back and into the new DB.
Monday and Tuesday is now going to consist of replacing the 2nd damaged 3 phase board and testing of all circuits before we can even begin to start energizing circuits.
On a good note though Darrel did get to play with his 1st lot of 50mm x 4 core swa.

Nothing like a steady Saturday morning

Camerabloke got a call this morning, his customer is whinging about the cost of a job we did, stupid **** spent all his dosh on carp he didn't need i,e, Conan swords and other carp what a dork

Up at 9, greeted by a bacon sandwich with mushrooms & brown sauce plus a cup of tea. Daughter dropped grandson off, played with lego for a couple of hours with him. Went to buy a very nice slab of dead cow, then took the dog for a walk.
Nothing like a nice steady sunny Saturday morning

I shovelled about 3T of soil. The same 3T that came out of the hole that I hand mixed (mixer, clearly) the concrete to fill yesterday, which involved have to double handle all the aggregate a barrow at a time. Where's my scrumpy?

I own a full size mixer already. The difficulty is that you can't get a readymix pour to where the hole was unless you also get a pump, and for only 2t of pour it's just not cost effective.

Much 'easier' to put the mixer to the side of the trench and just shovel-mix-pour for as long as it takes. Sorts the men from the boys.

down to stoke 08.30. 1st fix 18 downlighters, new RFC. rip out redundant sockets and lights, joint wiring or take back to source as applicable. back via 5mph M6. home for a barbie at 17.30.

down to stoke 08.30. 1st fix 18 downlighters, new RFC. rip out redundant sockets and lights, joint wiring or take back to source as applicable. back via 5mph M6. home for a barbie at 17.30.
get the waze mobile app mate.

when other users report accidents,police or traffic jams it shows up on the map and it routes you around them.

its free and it shows there speed as anything from under 10 to over 40

Started at 08:00 opening up the site as the only key holder other than the foreman (he's off today lol). Other sparky (Phil) turns up at 08:30, other trades 9:30.

Hand over should have been yesterday but with the other trades holding me up over these past 4 weeks, that was never going to be. Ten hours of testing and filling in an EIC for 29 circuits with a Trainee Member from this forum, plus a fault find, plus all the little finishing touches. Long 10 hour day. Back in the morning to finish off so I can have full shut down and get it all done. 62 hours this week and still going.

GMES, your Saturday sounds better than mine lol, you finished at 3pm!!!!

Started at 08:00 opening up the site as the only key holder other than the foreman (he's off today lol). Other sparky (Phil) turns up at 08:30, other trades 9:30.

Hand over should have been yesterday but with the other trades holding me up over these past 4 weeks, that was never going to be. Ten hours of testing and filling in an EIC for 29 circuits with a Trainee Member from this forum, plus a fault find, plus all the little finishing touches. Long 10 hour day. Back in the morning to finish off so I can have full shut down and get it all done. 62 hours this week and still going.

GMES, your Saturday sounds better than mine lol, you finished at 3pm!!!!

Get your finger out then/ and remember we were playing with 50mm 4 core swa not girly Twin n earth :sifone:

Get your finger out then/ and remember we were playing with 50mm 4 core swa not girly Twin n earth :sifone:

50mm 4 core or 29 twins on a Saturday. We all know why you finished at 3pm you part timer. Give you a buzz late morning mate, might meet up for a coffee?

Ok Mate no problem

You got much to do in morning Paul??

You got much to do in morning Paul??

3 hours max hopefully, then all set for Monday to impress the clients. 5 weeks worth of work done in 4 weeks + all the extras. Almost finished on their timescale. (love to see their faces when the extras invoice goes in pmsl)

3 hours max hopefully, then all set for Monday to impress the clients. 5 weeks worth of work done in 4 weeks + all the extras. Almost finished on their timescale. (love to see their faces when the extras invoice goes in pmsl)

That's what it's all about mate, there as to be rewards for giving up your weekend!!

Reply to Steady Saturday morning in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net