Discuss Sunny Tripower v 3 single inverters in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

DomB

Hi All,

Could I ask your thoughts / preferences on installing 1 Sunny TriPower inverter v 3 single-phase inverters (i.e. one on each phase)..? The system we're looking at is a pinch under 10kWp..

Thanks very much

I thought that if you install 3x single phase inverters you need to install some kind of relay. Therefore all three phases go down together either way. i'd be interested in a link/ cost estimate of one of these relays as i also am quoting on a similar size job.

Thanks BruceB

It looks like we're gonna go for an SMA tripower, as you say it looks relatively simple and there's a cost saving right there. I haven't confirmed but I suspect the tripower would balance its output across the phases nicely too.

I like the look of this OptiTrac Global Peak the tripower has out of the box. And interesting that there's going to be a software update made available for older inverters to get that too

That has taught me something new about the Tripowers. I knew they were all G83/1 certified so could with DNO agreement be used on G83/1-1 Stage 2 situations. I had not realised they were separately G59 certified in their own right. That is useful.
Regards
Bruce

Its also G59 certified so again makes an easier install as you shouldn't need separate G59 relay

Whilst I agree with this in theory, I am sure the DNOs would have their own take on this. Has anyone managed to get an answer out of any of them? I have so far drawn a blank with Central Networks.

Whilst I agree with this in theory, I am sure the DNOs would have their own take on this. Has anyone managed to get an answer out of any of them? I have so far drawn a blank with Central Networks.

I've got an application in with central networks for a job using 10000tl and 15000tl tripower and sent them both certificates should hear back within the next 10 days as it went in about 4 weeks ago ,I'll email the engineer to see if he's got an opinion
but I've not spoken to anyone about whether they'll need a separate relay

Reply to Sunny Tripower v 3 single inverters in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net