Discuss Tails into CU - Domestic in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

claret73

Hi
Have been on a private new build development & today was asked by the Project Manager how I was routing the Tails into the External Meter Cupboard. Im on this as a Spark's Mate & Electrician wasn't on site. Wasn't 100%, had a few ideas but trying to conform with zones & not putting in the cavity, was running out of suggestions?

Any answers are for my own understanding & not the benefit of the Spark who wasn't on site!

Attached is a plan of the Garage area which backs onto the stairs/Hallway. The Toilet is no longer and will be now a cupboard/storage room. I've marked the Board position in Red & the Meter Cupboard in Blue.

So I could but am unsure:
1/ Drill back entry from CU position into the cavity & run cables along to Meter Cupboard. Surely a No Go with double insulated 25mm?
2/ Do the same but with Armoured, at CU end run into an adaptable box & gland off?
3/ The floor inside the house will be screed. Could run back entry out of the Meter cupboard, down the interior wall (boarded) along in trunking into the floor & up the interior wall, back entry into the CU. But won't meet cable zones as Twin Skin Block with a cavity...

The Garage wall is not to be boarded, so will be finished Block only...
The Garage floor is not laid yet.

These houses are tricky for access. Stairs behind Meter Cupboard, an RSJ splits the house in half & have loads of pipework dotted where riser access would be nice...been a bit challenging to keep cables away etc

Attachments

• Tails.jpg
    358.1 KB · Views: 58
Run a 32mm PVC conduit within the cavity void with the slowest bends at each end you can achieve. Or the same conduit, run within the screed and blockwork walls. Basically exactly the same has been done at my house here.

Run a 32mm PVC conduit within the cavity void with the slowest bends at each end you can achieve. Or the same conduit, run within the screed and blockwork walls. Basically exactly the same has been done at my house here.

EDIT... The designer of that house was a numpty, Who would place a utility room that you had to pass through a dining room and a garage to get too?? No flow to this house, and now no downstairs loo either ...lol!!

EDIT... The designer of that house was a numpty, Who would place a utility room that you had to pass through a dining room and a garage to get too?? No flow to this house, and now no downstairs loo either ...lol!!

designer = quite possibly the person building the house!!??? his decision!

Reply to Tails into CU - Domestic in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net