Discuss Tell us about your faults! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

called to a job where socket in kitchen was not working, i asked client if he has juction box underneath and he said no, i told him there must be junction box under there, anyway long story short, found a junction box with wire bitten by a rat or mouse who probably died, rotted and decomposed.
listen i dont know why you have such an attitude mate.its not like what you say makes sense does it?..care to explain how a socket can stop working when a rat or mouse bites a cable (thats most likely to be live and survives as theres no evidence of it ) and then when asked about it you change the subject.bit hard to believe really isnt it.

Re: Tell us about your faults !

I was called to a house where downstairs socket ring was tripping the breaker, testing told me nothing. I first noticed 4mm stranded cable leaving the CU, this cable was in none of the sockets. I had to map out the ring route painstakingly, long story short there was a junction under the floor with 2.5 twins going to five different sockets. I can only guess this as I had no access undewr the floor, laminated flooring. looks like during the house refurb a year ago they combined two rings into one with use of this "junction box" lord knows what condition it was in

on another job in a house I found FIVE 2.5 t&e's joined in 15 AMP connectors from TWO seperate rings. I was hoping not to have to re wire the ground floor until I found this. house has concrete floors with underfloor heating.

does anyone actually know the concept of a socket ring? it aint rocket science

trunking went wild at my friends place :)
trunking.jpg

IMAG0132.jpg
Here is an interesting way to connect up your down-lights. Just part of an installation where green and pink insulated (for 12 V?) but unsheathed wires were used variously for Line, Neutral and CPC. Had to pull the lot and rewire.

Reply to Tell us about your faults! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net