Discuss Terrible kitchen install in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

But in the event of a short circuit fault there will be very little difference in disconnection time between a B16 and B32. Having said that I'd probably put that circuit on a 16 or 20a MCB- unless the cooker isolator had a socket on it.
there you go with the negative waves. adding a socket complication, :D:D

what about a shower then? modern ones have electrinocs in them.

I had this issue, when we had our new cooker installed recently. Rated at 8.7kW, installing 'engineer' insisted it had to have a 45A 10mm supply, which it did ;). And he then did the final connection in 10mm 6242y.

I put it on my clamp meter the other week, to see what current it does draw (you can have two ovens & a grill on), which is when I found out my clamp meter was u/s. Still reckon it won't draw than no more than 14A

Ultimately if the flex by the nature of the load can’t be overloaded I don’t see the problem regarding overload protection only fault protection needs to be assured.

Went to do a report on a kitchen install this morning and it was bad from start to finish, badly fitted units, not installed to the plan, badly tiled floor etc
on the electrics the electrician apparently dose not carry a spirit level
View attachment 41544

but the thing that worries me is the 16 amp oven wired into a 40amp switch straight back to a 32amp mcb won't the oven flex be rated to 16amps there for a fire risk when its on a 32amp mcb under fault?
Can you please post some pictures of the Terrible install? apart from a couple of switches being un level I am struggling to see terrible, a little heath robinson yes, but terrible?

No other pictures I am afraid, but if I tell you that the integrated fridge was fitted in such a way that it could be pulled out on top of you with very little effort, the appliance housing is out of level, the side panel has also been pushed inwards by 5mm meaning the doors can not be level, cornice & plinth cut to short, original sink binned and a smaller sink installed because installed the sink unit to close to the wall, wall units installed with out the fillers so the doors are rubbing against the walls, I could carry on but I think you get the idea, if it was my kitchen I would have it re-installed correctly but the customer has had enough and just wants a solution to the main issues.

Can you please post some pictures of the Terrible install? apart from a couple of switches being un level I am struggling to see terrible, a little heath robinson yes, but terrible?
mike.notonly are the sockets/switches notlevel,but the 3.5mm fixing screws don't have their slots aligned.that is terrible.

No other pictures I am afraid, but if I tell you that the integrated fridge was fitted in such a way that it could be pulled out on top of you with very little effort, the appliance housing is out of level, the side panel has also been pushed inwards by 5mm meaning the doors can not be level, cornice & plinth cut to short, original sink binned and a smaller sink installed because installed the sink unit to close to the wall, wall units installed with out the fillers so the doors are rubbing against the walls, I could carry on but I think you get the idea, if it was my kitchen I would have it re-installed correctly but the customer has had enough and just wants a solution to the main issues.

Next time get the photos put up. We can only imagine how bad it was. Until then we will take your word for it

Reply to Terrible kitchen install in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net