Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Testing the water in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

ant2781

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi,

I have currently been tinkering around in the house installng some new lights, even fitting a new light in the attic.

I currently work in retail, which at the moment is taking some hits with the credit crunch.

What I really am asking is your industry suffering from the ecomony problems or is there still enough work around, as I want to train to become an electrician.

My current job is safe for now but i'm not enjoying it, late shifts, working weekends and now with a baby on the way I want more free time to enjoy raising my first child.

My brother in law is a sparky and he said it was the best thing he ever did, he went to evening classes at my local college, which I will do.

Any views or opinions welcome.

Ant

Aico 3000 Range
K

kung

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi Ant
There are 2 options the time served and jib electricians and the domestic installers route i would advise you to look into both options before you decide where you want to go but you do have a head start as your mate is a spark so if you do go down that road it will be easy for you to get onsite exp with him to get the required exam/onsite exp.
Regards
Kung.

S

Spudnik

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If i was in your position, i would think long and hard about it.

The situation at the moment, as you know, is quite bad.

Having said that, if you can hold a full time job and train at the same time, then hopefully this will be over by the time you qualify.

Aico 3000 Range

Reply to Testing the water in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
Top Bottom