Discuss Things I've learned Whilst I've Been A Member in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Marvo

-
Staff member
Mod
Mentor
Esteemed
Supporter
Reaction score
I was a bit bored so I went back to see the early posts of mine that were 'liked' by other members and also the posts I have liked in the distant past. Yeah I know it sounds vain but it was also very entertaining and just for interest Tel was the first person to give me a like.

Anyway, reading some of the old threads made me realise how much I've actually learned on this forum. Here's a blast from the past with just 10 of the little nuggets of info I've gleaned over the years mixed in with some valuable advice I've imparted to others.

1. What is 'The theory of crackivity'?
2. The best way to test a smoke detector?
3. WD40 can be used as a fly repellent.
4. How to prevent canine ---- leakage.
5. Never assume anything about anyone on the internet.
6. Why you should never browse E-Bay when you're drunk.
7. Repairing a 'cow brush' can be a pig of a job.
8. Electricians can be held legally responsible for 6 years if a CU they install catches fire.
9. Some people apparently have a lower impedance than others.
10. I surprised myself with this caring and sensitive relationship advice, it's as close as I get to being an agony aunt.

You would just know that any threads with D.W. Burnedcock(Captain Chaos) or Harness68(You do me and I’ll owe you one…:biggrin:) would lead to guaranteed misadventure. My favourite is the Pole that was trying to turn a washing-up bowl, bicycle and torch into an anti-gravity drive. Pure comedy gold!

I was a bit bored so I went back to see the early posts of mine that were 'liked' by other members and also the posts I have liked in the distant past. Yeah I know it sounds vain but it was also very entertaining and just for interest Tel was the first person to give me a like.

Anyway, reading some of the old threads made me realise how much I've actually learned on this forum. Here's a blast from the past with just 10 of the little nuggets of info I've gleaned over the years mixed in with some valuable advice I've imparted to others.

1. What is 'The theory of crackivity'?
2. The best way to test a smoke detector?
3. WD40 can be used as a fly repellent.
4. How to prevent canine ---- leakage.
5. Never assume anything about anyone on the internet.
6. Why you should never browse E-Bay when you're drunk.
7. Repairing a 'cow brush' can be a pig of a job.
8. Electricians can be held legally responsible for 6 years if a CU they install catches fire.
9. Some people apparently have a lower impedance than others.
10. I surprised myself with this caring and sensitive relationship advice, it's as close as I get to being an agony aunt.

M, thanks for this ... the first is a real insight into E54's and DS's background!

BUMP******
I stumbled across this and thought it might be worth another go, It didn't get much response the first time strangely.

NO6 on the list just made me spit my coffee out, @Marvo and @Sintra I'm not sure who's the strangest.

I am both disturbed and intrigued by number 4. Link needed.....

I am both disturbed and intrigued by number 4. Link needed.....

The link worked for me , although I'm now wishing it didn't having read it. :eek::(:confused:o_O

The link worked for me , although I'm now wishing it didn't having read it. :eek::(:confused:o_O

But I'm thick and didn't actually realise they were links...... :confused1::tired:
Roll on the weekend....

Reply to Things I've learned Whilst I've Been A Member in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net