Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Time controlled plug sockets. in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

stephen1974

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

I've just moved in to a property and it has a time controlled plug socket for a heater. However there are no external controls and nothing built in to the plug socket itself and nothing on the CU's.

Any idea what the product might be and where it might be located? I dont need to do anything with it, its just something i've never come across before and would like to learn about it.

M

MarkieSparkie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi Stephen, If the heater in question is a storage heater it is probably controlled by a sealed timer or Radio-teleswitch as part of your electricity suppliers equipment adjacent to their meter. Either device will automatically control the switching ON and OFF the supply to the storage heater(s) in accordance with your off-peak (cheaper rate) tariff agreement eg. Economy 7. In both cases the device will be sealed and there are no user adjustable controls.

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Reply to Time controlled plug sockets. in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

Top Bottom