Discuss Towbar bypass relay issue in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Armalig

DIY
Reaction score
Hi - I have just wired a 7 pin towbar using supplied harness kit with by pass relay . (2012 Megane Coupe)
1 issue discovered is my LED indicators on trailer remain permanently lit with dull glow? ( Checked trailer lights with another vehicle & lights are OK )
Otherwise lights works ok including flashing indicators/both sidelights & brakelight.
I have verified connections and supply feeds from lights as OK etc.
I have checked using meter & theres 12V at yellow & green wires (indicators) once bypass relay is connected causing this "glow". Yet this doesnt light up my circuit tester bulb tool that i normally use?? CAnt understand why??
One other smaller qry is pink wire from kit to do with reversing sensors which Im unsure of how to wire in... Dont think it contributary biut again advice would be aprreciate if possible
Trevor

Reply to Towbar bypass relay issue in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello guys, just found the forum while searching for electrical help with my car not starting. I have a no start no crank issue. It's been...
Replies
Views
Thought this might be of interest and use to anyone looking to undertake the various short training courses. So here is my recent experience -...
Replies
Views
C
Hello and thanks for any advice offered. I've just joined so if I'm breaking any rules please forgive... My issue relates to my Renault Trafic...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks – there has been a lot of info re Immersion Heater Controllers on this forum and as I was updating and drawing up the circuit etc I used...
Replies
Views
M
Hey all. Happy Easter. Advice needed again (no surprises eh?? :p - Don't worry one day I'll be a proper electrician!! :D) OK so I am sure...
Replies
Views
mattcos1972
M

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock