Discuss TT System and 30mA RCD tripping times in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

w crane

Help!
Sorry having a bad day.
I understand the concept behind touch contact of 50v and the above 1666 ohms. But when physically testing with 17th ed dilog and testing a TT system 30mA RCD. At 1x and 5X what reading would you see on your meter? or would you just test the mechanical aspect of the RCD ( test button). and use the touch voltage calculation (along side the accepted 200ohm figure)?:confused:

Rcd fitted on TT or any system needs testing x1/2, x1, x5.

I always work to
1/2 no trip
1x less than 200ms, newer bs are less than 300ms
5x less than 40ms

Unless I'm missing something the max disconnection time for a final circuit on a TT is 0.2s....so 200ms max @1x.
The RCD test is to confirm disconnection time,not touch voltage.....the RCd test will confirm that the RCD disconnects within 0.2s to limit the duration of the touch voltage.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to TT System and 30mA RCD tripping times in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi everyone I asked my assessor about touch voltage and he was not keen on explaining properly and gave me a rough answer which made me think...
Replies
Views
Hi all,looking for some pointers to an RCD problem, I work entirely on large poultry farms, I've only been in post a year, at some point before I...
Replies
Views
I’m a trainee electrician and would really appreciate the benefit of someone’s skill and experience on the following: Our house is a TN-C-S (100A...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'm newly registered having read the boards from the shadows for a while. I have a question about neutral to earth faults and...
Replies
Views
So I recently installed a new circuit to my loft as a dedicated burglar alarm and cctv circuit. When checking polarity and voltage with my test...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock